Cambridge Audio S30

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hello all, has anyone heard these speakers, what are their merits, they have a good write up here on WHFI but i'd like to here others views. I need to get some new speakers as mine are dying, at present with a CA AZUR 340 A amp and Rega 2.I dont want to upgrade the amp as i like it but the speakers need to have an high sensitivity so the diamond 9.1,s are out of the equation as are the tannoy f1 as i dont like the finish, pity they dont come in black. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated, budget is £200.00 and no more.

matthewpiano

Good speakers. Very musical and with a nicely rounded sound but plenty of detail. They do need decent support and to be out of corners though or they'll boom. A pair of S30s with some Atacama stands would, I think, be ideal for your system and musical tastes.

A

Anonymous

I have a pair of them and they are excelent speakers, they have a punchy sound which depends on your listening habits if this is a good thing or a bad thing. You need to have them at least 8cm away from walls and corners to prevent them from booming as they have a rear bass port. The cabinets are quite deep so you will have to bear that in mind and the distance they need to be away from the wall. They are very easy speakers to run, I have the same amp as you and it has no trouble powering them.

btw the tannoy f1's do come in black, they dont do them on richer sounds in black.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I had some S30 for a few days didn't like them.midrange overblown.Somehow they are not bad with ca amps, but the ca amp I think lacks some bass grunt.Heard JBL ES30 with a ca640 amp and it sounded great.the jbl provided good bass.and nice treble and mids

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Do they sound better than Tannoy F1?
Will they match with Yamaha 667?
Will adding s50 complete a decent system with Yamaha 667?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Thinking of buying some ca s30's and another onkyo reciever. Ca recommend that the speakers have to be 8cm away from the wall which I will be able to achieve but as my room is a bit small I will be about 1.3metres away from the speakers, I am wondering if I will be able to hear the full bass from the speakers as fellow friends say that u have to be over 3metres away from them to hear good bass. ?? Answers ??

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Can only say that my young sister has these coupled with the Onkyo TX SR309 (ALL SHE COULD AFFORD AT THE TIME) and I got her the Q Acoustics 2000Ci center speaker .... so far, it all sounds superb !
[/b]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts