Cambridge Audio CXA80

Canyon27

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
The What Hi Fi review compares the Cambridge CXA60 to the Arcam A19. In Canada, the CXA80 is the same price as the Arcam A19. Would the CXA80 make more sense given the price is the same as the Arcam. I have listened to both. I am relatively new to this hobby. I appreciate any feedback.

rainsoothe

Hi - if you listened to both, go for the one you like - easy as that. Reviews are just a general opinion, and some are way off the mark. The CXA80 has more juice, so if you have a large room, difficult to drive speakers or require disco levels, then it should be the one (if you liked both).

Canyon27

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I compared the Arcam to a Marantz 6005 at one shop. The Arcam sounded more open and preferred the sound. At another shop I compared the Arcam to the Camridge CXA80. I thought the Cambridge sounded superior and didn't need to be pushed as hard, but I guess that's the large transformer and extra power.

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I think the Arcam and CAX80 are in a totally different price bracket to the PM6005 (about double the price) so not surprised they sounded better really. You might have been better comparing with the PM8005 which is around the same price point (at least at this moment in time anyway)

*EDIT - im assuming you are talking about the Arcam A19?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts