Cambridge Audio CXA60 amplifier

moondance

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi - After reading the review of the Cambridge Audio CXA60 I am seriously tempted but a bit concerned where it says it needs 'careful partnering'. Can anyone enlighten me as to what this means?? Also what are the additional benefits of the CXA80 apart from higher volume??

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
moondance said:
Hi - After reading the review of the Cambridge Audio CXA60 I am seriously tempted but a bit concerned where it says it needs 'careful partnering'. Can anyone enlighten me as to what this means?? Also what are the additional benefits of the CXA80 apart from higher volume??

As somebody somewhere quoted, it'll likely strip the enamel of your teeth. :)

It normall means its an information first products with no perceivable extra warmth. Neutral probably and equally measuring well perhaps. If you want a comforting sound either look elsewhere or partner with warm sounding speakers.

The bigger amplifier has only marginally more power but better current supply for difficult to drive speakers.

manicm

drummerman said:
moondance said:

As somebody somewhere quoted, it'll likely strip the enamel of your teeth. :)

It normall means its an information first products with no perceivable extra warmth. Neutral probably and equally measuring well perhaps. If you want a comforting sound either look elsewhere or partner with warm sounding speakers.

The bigger amplifier has only marginally more power but better current supply for difficult to drive speakers.

I don't think the CXA60 requires warm partnering sources or speakers - just not overly bright ones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts