Cambridge Audio 752BD- To Replace Cd Player

clarky308

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have recently purchased a CA 651A and a sonos connect to stream my media, i was thinking of getting standalone CD player ideally the CA651C but was also considering going for the CA 651BD to use to play CD's also allowing me to replace my ageing Blueray player - Can i expect the sound quality to be as good or better when playing CD's rather than going for the CD player alone

You mention the 651BD in your text (now discontinued) and 752BD in your question.

I like to keep things seperate but can see the point of only using one box. Perhaps your best move might be to try to find a 651BD (based on the Oppo 93) and buy that rather than the increased cost of the 752, which does not come highly regarded.

Sound quality is unlikely to be better than the stand-alone CD player (although only you can really be the judge of that)

My money would be on the 651C for CD's and one of the cheaper Sony bluray players for video duties, but that's just to get the best of both worlds.

macca

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
clarky308 said:
I have recently purchased a CA 651A and a sonos connect to stream my media, i was thinking of getting standalone CD player ideally the CA651C but was also considering going for the CA 651BD to use to play CD's also allowing me to replace my ageing Blueray player - Can i expect the sound quality to be as good or better when playing CD's rather than going for the CD player alone
Hi, you really don't need to buy a stand alone cd player unless you are going to spend at least £1500-£2000. Blu ray player will be great for cd playback. I'm using panasonic bdt500 it's superb with blu ray and cd playback.

macca said:
clarky308 said:
Hi, you really don't need to buy a stand alone cd player unless you are going to spend at least £1500-£2000. Blu ray player will be great for cd playback. I'm using panasonic bdt500 it's superb with blu ray and cd playback.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. However, using your reasoning, all cheap CD players would have stopped being made on the advent of bluray players.

This clearly did not happen and there is a very good reason why. Indeed you might even like to look at WHFSAV's reviews of these two products. Indeed another publication described the 651C as 'budget esoterica' and that was when it was £350. I cannot see a Blu ray player costing similar getting anywhere near it.

Although they may be in a similar price bracket there is no way a bluray player is going to have significantly better SQ than a dedicated CD player. This would be financial suicide for the manufacturers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts