Cambridge Audio 752BD announced

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Will the 752 have a backlit remote control? The remote for the 751 is pretty cheap, and useless if you have a projector.

I can control the sound from my Pioneer a/v receiver using the ipad, but have to guess which button to press in the dark for the CA. (I usually get it wrong and ruin the "ambiance" :)

Doesn't look like it's backlit (not sure).

cambridge-audio-azur-752bd-remote_248726.jpg

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
manicm said:
Dan, my biggest disappointment with the 751BD is that they didn't produce and iOS app to control the thing, which would have been useful to browse through music on an attached USB drive without switching the telly on initially. An engineer hinted on such app but alas...

I quite agree that would have been very useful. I really like mine and I am prepared to put up with a couple of niggles given the performance, however I have noticed a couple of unfortunate trends which seem to be displayed by the smaller manufacturers - we've seen the same with Arcam:

1. bugs and niggles with firmware not being ironed out prior to production release, and often not being totally ironed out afterwards - you very very rarely get this with the products released by the big conglomerates

2. features and updates being hinted at, implied, or outright promised 'down the line' but not materialising once the product is released and manufacturers preferring to focus their attention on the next model (surprise surprise...)

I don't want to bash the little guys here, I've owned many Arcam products in the past and have great repect and affection for the brand, and like I say, on balance I love my 751', but it's a frustrating shame that all too often there seems to be an element of compromise in buying from the smaller independant manufacturers, and that's something which becomes increasingly hard to accept as you pay more for the premium products, and can leave a sense of disappointment, as inevitably the niggles or failure to deliver the promised enhancements only become apparent once you've taken the plunge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts