Cambridge Audio 751 Blu-ray Player £450!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Here

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/cambridge-audio/azur-751bd/camb-751bd-blk

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi I'm in the market for a Blu-ray player now.

£450 is beyond my budget. Do you know of any other good offers on fine blu-ray players available now?

My budget is £120-£150... what the best I can get for that?

D

Deleted member 2457

vpacalypse said:
Hi I'm in the market for a Blu-ray player now.

£450 is beyond my budget. Do you know of any other good offers on fine blu-ray players available now?

My budget is £120-£150... what the best I can get for that?

The two that spring to mind are:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007Y3OB42/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B007Y3OAXE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=13DV83E4ET7V7H87K08Q

But over budget and the Pioneer 450 at £185 - might have freezing issues when loading up discs occasionally though.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-dmp-bdt230

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/panasonic/dmpbdt230/pana-dmpbdt230-r2

Can be had for £100 and if you join Richer Sounds members club you get an extra £10 off!

D

Deleted member 2457

Link here:

http://www.richersounds.com/viplogin

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Link here:

http://www.richersounds.com/viplogin

That also brings the Cambridge Audio 651 to £290 at Richer Sounds, and the Cambridge Audio 751 to £440!

D

Deleted member 2457

£400 now:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/cambridge-audio/azur-751bd/camb-751bd-blk

Good price. :clap:

D

Deleted member 2457

I just bought one for £400!
smiley-laughing.gif
Thought I would have two 3D Blu-ray players!
smiley-cool.gif

buzz_lightclick

So the money you saved by returning the Marantz 7007 for the Oppo 103 didn't last very long! ;)

Reading the user opinions on the review page of the Azur, one guy thinks he got a great deal at £699, so £400 is virtually a steal!

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
So the money you saved by returning the Marantz 7007 for the Oppo 103 didn't last very long! ;)

Reading the user opinions on the review page of the Azur, one guy thinks he got a great deal at £699, so £400 is virtually a steal!

And it is brand new! :cheer:

D

Deleted member 2457

Just bought the 3D glasses from TPS too!
smiley-smile.gif
Time for some fun! :clap:

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Blimey Gel I would say you have more money than sense...... ;) so you have bought another blu-ray player becuase it was cheap, had it been an upgrade from the Original Pioneer LX-55 then fair play good result..But you could have booked a calibration about £220 AND bought the Pioneer BDP-450 for £170-ish and had a £10 to buy a Blu-ray, or a 6-pack and enjoyed a quality movie.

But hey Gel dont get me wrong its your cash mate, it must me be very nice to be able to buy some thing on an instant decision, Wish I could, but from reading many of your threads you seem to be quite picky when choosing A/V. I would suggest that as good as the C-Audio is it will be no different than the Oppo, in fact I would say that the CA is a better machine, so it will be intersting to see if one of them goes back, when you realise that £400 for a second player [because it was cheap] was a mistake...Again I must say the calibration would have been a far better return, even though you say you might change your Plasma, you have said many times how brilliant it is...so why change...so the calibration just seemed the way to go..but hey enjoy your new toy, all you have to do know is decide which one you want as your new reference player.... 8)

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
What's the point of having 2 expensive blu ray players?? You've already tried the 751 & didn't like its grainy picture. That makes it 3 blu ray players in total! :eek:

I got three TVs in total, so thought I would have some fun! I use my spare cash on AV, and nothing else.
smiley-smile.gif
I plan on keeping all three but just changing them around.

D

Deleted member 2457

pioneer7 said:
Blimey Gel I would say you have more money than sense...... ;) so you have bought another blu-ray player becuase it was cheap, had it been an upgrade from the Original Pioneer LX-55 then fair play good result..But you could have booked a calibration about £220 AND bought the Pioneer BDP-450 for £170-ish and had a £10 to buy a Blu-ray, or a 6-pack and enjoyed a quality movie.

But hey Gel dont get me wrong its your cash mate, it must me be very nice to be able to buy some thing on an instant decision, Wish I could, but from reading many of your threads you seem to be quite picky when choosing A/V. I would suggest that as good as the C-Audio is it will be no different than the Oppo, in fact I would say that the CA is a better machine, so it will be intersting to see if one of them goes back, when you realise that £400 for a second player [because it was cheap] was a mistake...Again I must say the calibration would have been a far better return, even though you say you might change your Plasma, you have said many times how brilliant it is...so why change...so the calibration just seemed the way to go..but hey enjoy your new toy, all you have to do know is decide which one you want as your new reference player.... 8)

Cheers mate.
smiley-smile.gif
Thought I would have some fun with it. Calibration might be my next step. Just getting into 3D first.
smiley-wink.gif
Thought I would double up, seemed a good price.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am thinking the 751 must be better than the demo I had - so fingers crossed, and it is hopefully going to be different from my demo experience. Because it definitely did not look like my Pioneer when I demoed it. We will see come next week!
smiley-wink.gif

gel said:
bigboss said:
What's the point of having 2 expensive blu ray players?? You've already tried the 751 & didn't like its grainy picture. That makes it 3 blu ray players in total! :eek:

I got three TVs in total, so thought I would have some fun! I use my spare cash on AV, and nothing else.
smiley-smile.gif

That's fair enough, but how many home cinema systems have you got? Without a dedicated home cinema system, CA & Oppo are waste of money, as they won't perform any better than budget players. You have only 1 home cinema system as far as I can see. I strongly feel that you're wasting your money here, which could be better spent elsewhere...

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
bigboss said:

smiley-smile.gif

That's fair enough, but how many home cinema systems have you got? Without a dedicated home cinema system, CA & Oppo are waste of money, as they won't perform any better than budget players. You have only 1 home cinema system as far as I can see. I strongly feel that you're wasting your money here, which could be better spent elsewhere...

One home cinema system and doubt I will get two, but I will buy another Panasonic plasma and I don't like cheap Blu-ray players. It is a bit excessive, yep but I hoping to get enjoyment out of it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts