Cambridge Audio 751 Blu-ray Player £450!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Faulty Blu-ray player, sorry PP no good reports and I am getting a refund.

D

Deleted member 2457

If you are interested in a Blu-ray player PP the only good one I can recommend is the Oppo 103.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
Faulty Blu-ray player, sorry PP no good reports and I am getting a refund.

What's wrong with it?

Completely faulty! Freezing constantly and image quality all broken up!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
That's a shame mate. I assume you updated the firmware? Admittedly that sounds like more than a firmware issue.

I had one disc freeze once using my 651, but that was the day I received the player. Once I'd updated the firmware the disc played perfectly and I've had no other issues since.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
That's a shame mate. I assume you updated the firmware? Admittedly that sounds like more than a firmware issue.

I had one disc freeze once using my 651, but that was the day I received the player. Once I'd updated the firmware the disc played perfectly and I've had no other issues since.

It is being collected Monday now. Just packed it back up. It was ex-display too when I thought it would be new. It could barely work! No firmware updates.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am just going to stick how I am now, I might have a TV bill soon too!

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear it did not work out but I'm not surprised. A few months ago I asked RS about a 751 listed in stock on their website and was told it was reserved. A week or so later I got saying 'we've got one now' but when I asked about the condition, they didn't seem to know much about it, had to go and check. It turns out the unit had no remote, instructions etc. I guess it was ex-demo, and likely to have been returned by the last customer because it had problems. I certainly didn't want to go there.

I know it is difficult for RS to manage these things but to not differentiate between end of line clearance items (a good deal) and questionable ex-demo stock (not a good deal in this case) doesn't seem right. It certainly left me with questions about RS and whether I would use them in the future.

D

Deleted member 2457

ClarkNovember said:
Sorry to hear it did not work out but I'm not surprised. A few months ago I asked RS about a 751 listed in stock on their website and was told it was reserved. A week or so later I got saying 'we've got one now' but when I asked about the condition, they didn't seem to know much about it, had to go and check. It turns out the unit had no remote, instructions etc. I guess it was ex-demo, and likely to have been returned by the last customer because it had problems. I certainly didn't want to go there.

I know it is difficult for RS to manage these things but to not differentiate between end of line clearance items (a good deal) and questionable ex-demo stock (not a good deal in this case) doesn't seem right. It certainly left me with questions about RS and whether I would use them in the future.

Yep, not good.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
There's always an element of risk buying end of line stock, which may be returned goods or ex-display items. At least with RS you have the option to return without question or hassle.

TRENDING THREADS