Cambridge A500 and P500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone confirm what the output of these amps are and which one to use for LF and which for HF when Bi amping a set of Mission M35i?? Thanks

Also is it possible to get an Amp serviced?? Ive owned them a few years now. Thanks

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I had an A500, there isn't a pre-out facility as it's an integrated amp. IIRC its output is 60 wpc into 8 ohms and it's a decent amp for its money.

When you say service, what do you mean exactly? Does either amp have a fault? Due to their age now and low value, you would struggle to find a competent engineer to make the work viable.

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Just done a bit of rooting on the 'net- from what I can find, the A500 does have pre-outs (would make sense as the P500 sounds like it was made to match with it), so Mr Duncan's response should be the way to go...!

John Duncan

So now I see where the confusion may lie - two sets of terminals. Use the bottom set (the ones that say "for normal operation use these" connected to the HF of the speaker. Take phono leads from the "pre out" sockets on the back of this amp into the P500. Connect the P500 to the LF terminals of your speakers (presumably the P500 also has two sets of terminals, in which case hopefully they will be marked "for normal operation use these" as well...)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts