Cambridge 650BD end of year?

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Last I heard was February 2010 for the UK; is now shipping to US, though....

I thought CA was a British company. What gives? Why do the Americans even get the British products before we do?

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Bigger market.

Guess so, but still, why don't they release it worldwide? They do not advertise the availabilty in th US yet.

On the other hand let the americans flush out all the bugs, so that when we get the player to Europe it will work even better.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Peter Larsen:
Guess so, but still, why don't they release it worldwide?

you'd need to ask them yet, but i'm guessing there's a technical reason. Certainly different software; even different chipsets.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I thought there was some head-scratching going on at Cambridge at some point a few months back as to whether they would actually be launching it in Europe, due to the proliferation of budget players and minute sales of more upmarket models. But all that may have changed...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I thought there was some head-scratching going on at Cambridge at some point a few months back as to whether they would actually be launching it in Europe, due to the proliferation of budget players and minute sales of more upmarket models. But all that may have changed...

How does that bode for the forthcoming Arcam?

Meridian seem to have no intention of bringing out a BluRay deck either. Choosing to skip a phase of media development and move straight onto streaming. They seem to think they'd have nothing significant to add to those already released, so brought out their HD621 box to enable their customers to hook other brands BluRay players into their Meridian systems.

I do worry about Arcam though. I hope they're still around at the end of 2010. I'm still looking forward to firmware 1.10 or 2.0 for the AVR600!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:I thought there was some head-scratching going on at Cambridge at some point a few months back as to whether they would actually be launching it in Europe, due to the proliferation of budget players and minute sales of more upmarket models. But all that may have changed...

This in an email from CA on 5th November: "We're still gunning for a February UK launch". I was on hols when I got that mail, though, which is why that fact was not more widely disseminated!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts