Calling Tannoy DCT6 SE owners

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Broner said:
Sorry, am not gonna give you my number.

Nothing personal.
Dont know wht this happens!! What i posted was a request for the dimensions of the Tannoy DCT6SE speaker excluding the plinth. The wesite only gives it including. Does the speaker have a taper and is it good parked next to a wall?

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Broner said:
;)

I have the normal DCT6’s and I believe they are the same size. I’m not sure what their exact dimensions are but this seems to be accurate: http://www.whathifi.com/review/tannoy-revolution-dc6t/specs. I can confidently say that they need some space, 30cm on the back and the sides would be the minimum. More is better. The speakers are indeed a bit tapered (smaller on the back than the front).
Those are the same dimensions that i have and include the plinth. To get close to 30 cm i could ideally do with knowing what the dimensions of the actual speaker are. Would you mind awfully dropping a tape measure across it for me please :cheers: One speaker i can get the space into but will be struggleing with the other. Presume if i go for something that isnt back ported like the Rega RS3 or Neat Motive SX2 this would eliminate some of the bass boom.

Broner

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I will measure them tonight. I thought that those dimensions already excluded the plinth (the thingy at the bottom you can place your speaker on), but I will check it to be sure.

I myself have a slight problem with bass boom because the speakers don't have enough space and when I experimented a little, I noticed that the problem disappeared by just giving them the space they need (which isn't that much, but it's needed nonetheless). Unfortunately I can't reposition the speakers so I just decided to turn down the bass on the amplifier.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Broner said:
I will measure them tonight. I thought that those dimensions already excluded the plinth (the thingy at the bottom you can place your speaker on), but I will check it to be sure.

I myself have a slight problem with bass boom because the speakers don't have enough space and when I experimented a little, I noticed that the problem disappeared by just giving them the space they need (which isn't that much, but it's needed nonetheless). Unfortunately I can't reposition the speakers so I just decided to turn down the bass on the amplifier.
Would be very grateful if you could. I need to get 30 cm behind them i assule as i dont have the option of reducing the bass on my amp. How much space was needed to make the boom disappear?

Broner

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The depth is approx 240mm and the width is 200mm at the front side and 165mm at the back.

At my place the speakers are located 350mm from the wall, but a very large tv (70kg) stands between them (100mm between the speakers and the tv) and one speaker also stands close to a cupboard (about 100mm,), which are the reasons for the boom. I haven't performed exact measurements to determine at which distances the booming disappeared (the 30cm I mentioned before as a minimum is an educated guess based on me moving them around), but the distance to the wall currently isn't the problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts