Cables!

• Thread starter Deleted member 108165
  • Start date

Oxfordian

I have just tried to watch - what is it with people who do these sorts of videos? They have such tedious delivery that I can seldom get beyond the first thirty seconds!

Haha, I made a comment about exactly that on a video, got a lot of abuse from the guys followers, but this was a 20+ minute video and at two thirds through all he had managed to talk about was himself, his sponsor and the mate who ran the shop and lent the gear that he hadn't yet reviewed on the video.

Maybe I need to be more patient.

AJM1981

I think I am part of the side that thinks that cables don't really matter soundwise. But with good gear I prefer a solid cable. I mean, buy the cheapest copper ones possible and you're dealing with a knife to strip away the mantle while every copper wire underneath it is thin as butter. It makes it possible to connect them once but when you don't disconnect them in ultimate care mode, the copper "hairs" are left behind.

I prefer some "flesh" on the cable for this reason.

Fahad

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
Was never a big fan of spending money on cables when that money can be used for buying better gear or music. But after I replaced my previous speakers, my system was sounding a bit too dark for my liking. I was using QED interconnects and Audioquest speaker cables (the entry level ones). So the local Kimber Kable dealer offered me my current inter connects and speaker cables and asked me to try them on for free...I only had to pay for them if I had decided to keep them. To be honest, these cables acted like tuning forks. I am not sure if the sound is more detailed or anything of that sort cause I am too lazy for an A - B comparison, but the system has the right amount of brightness that I was looking for. So yeah, I decided to pay for the cables.

But that's it, not upgrading the cables anymore unless I break them!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts