cables suggestion

alberto.besana

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I was able to put together the following set up and now I'd like to find a suitable RCA, speakers cables combination:

- arcam rPAC as DAC

- audiolab MPWR Power Amplifier

- DALI Zensor 1 speakers

Any suggestion/advice is really appreaciated.

Thank you!

Alberto

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Any well made RCA cables will be ok. I think you'll be going from the headphone socket to the pwr amp here (not sure if the line out is fixed). Your best bit is probably to go on amazon, pick the type of cable you need, select the length and get a well made (according to reviews) one that has scored well and looks well made also.

The same is true of any digital cables you need.

I am not sure you will get the best out of your system this way, I dont think the DAC you have is intenede as a preamp, but maybe it will be great

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
drummerman said:
Not trying to be unkind but do a search on cables on the forum and you'll be busy reading for the next three years.

It probably should be in a FAQ section to save the numbingly endless repetition of a topic which always without fail creates a forum war. It can't be much more than a day since the last tedious drawn out bunfight about cables dropped off page 1 of Active Topics.

To at least give the OP the benefit of the civil answer he deserves before it all kicks off yet again, Muljao has given a good answer, post above mine.

Brokenflame

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately I know nothing of your DAC, but I do know the Audiolab M-PWR well. I have two of these. I also have a selection of RCA cables (See quote of me wasting hundreds of £ in another post).

I tried a few entry level RCA cables (CA AUD700, Atlas Element, etc...) on the M-PWR and to be honest it sounded fine with a M-DAC+, and on my Denon AV. However there was little between them.

Looking at the cost of the M-PWR and the attached sources, I didn't want to go overboard on the RCA cable and ended up with a QED Reference 40 RCA. The improvement in sound is notable. I expected better high end, but what I actually got was deeper, clearer bass.

I have a small family, so spending £120 on a 1m cable (paid £110) used in my study needed to be justified in sound quality. I don't believe it was money wasted. But I don't think I could justify spending much more considering the cost of the attached source and amplifier.

In my very humble opinion (which is likely to draw a lot of fire) middle level interconnects seem to have noticeable improvements in sound quality, while entry level interconnects seem to be pretty casing with mild sonic improvements. Just my honest opinion after dabbaling in low-end interconnects.

As aways I recommend trying a few for yourself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts