Cables for B&W MT-60D

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I just place an order for the B&W MT-60D and will pair it with the Yamaha A2010.

My question is what would be the best cables to match up with the B&Ws? I was planning to buy the Chord Company Carnival SilverScreen based on WH awards.

The dealer I bought the B&Ws from says they are too heavy gauge for the M1 as the termination point on the underside of the speaker is quite small. They are recommending the QED Original instead.

But I am not sure if that is because they do not stock Chord and if the QED is actually the better fit. I am sure I would be happy with either, but would prefer to shoot for optimal match at the start. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Carnival Silver Screen does have a few extra layers, but if you look at the actual cross sectional area of the cable, it's no different to something like QED Original. The Carnival cable can easily be used with the M1 sats - you just need to strip back the extra layers, leaving the harder wearing sheathing on the cable itself so to run inside the base of the stand.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts