Cable Upgrade - Which is Best?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently purchased a Sony KDL32D3000U LCD TV & Sony RDR-HXD970 DVD Recorder, and I am currently not looking to connect any other items at the moment, although in about 6 months i will probably add speakers and a Sony receiver. I am looking to upgrade all the free cables that came with the TV & DVD Recorder, and was looking at HDMI connection in the main. I have been looking at the RF QED QUNEX TTV (3 or 4mtrs), and Chord Co Silver plus 1.3 HDMI or QED QUNEX HDMI-P (1 mtr), which is the type of budget I am working with, based on information from my What Hi-Fi magazine, of course! I want to upgrade all the cables needed to connect the entire system together including power cable, I am also using the smartlink option which is a 21 pin scart connection, and maybe a QED P2110 upgrade, although will i need this if i switch to HDMI connections. Can anyone recommend all the necessary cables to get the best out of the TV & DVD Recorder, I have an overall budget of £150 - £200 or a little bit more at a push.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
If you subscribe to WhatHifi using the form in the February edition of the magazine you'll get a Chord HDMI 1.3 Silver plus cable (1 m long) for free! OK, so you have to pay two installments of £22 over 12 months but you get 12 issues of the mag delivered to your door. I've taken out a subscription myself to get this £83 cable. Bargain!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts