Cable interferrence

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have all my Av kit very close to the wall so there are a lot of cables in a small amount of space.

HDMI's near speaker wirer near mains leads near Adaptor leads.

Will this result in picture interference,

The reason i ask is that recently, and with no moves of hardware change there is some odd things on the picture.

I usually notice this when watching football in HD. If the camera is close to a player and you can see the out of focus crowd behind them. Now if the camera is moving fast to track the player there is this weird effect (almost Halo like) that is picked up from around the people in the crowd. This wasn't like this from first set up and has only come on recently.

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

Does sound like interference, but hard to be sure. Trial and error is something you may find tricky with them embedded in the wall, but one thing's for sure I would not bundle other av cables with mains ones especially if either are not shielded.

A

Anonymous

A quick test and instead of having sky into the amp i've hooked it up straight to the TV.

And the interference has gone.

Any ideas as to why the amp is causing this? I have a loaned silver 806 until my black one gets delivered (if ever), and it does suffer from the blue dot issue with the faulty HDMI unit.

Could this be having an effect?

A

Anonymous

I had a simular issue with my set up and thought it was my amp,but after rerouting my mains cables and putting the 6 input block to a different place fixed it.
The amp could be picking it up at the input stage or the output. Does seem like it's the mains .

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
No idea but it surely doesn't harm to use a few cable clips and keep signal wires away from power ones. Then use a cheap tacima block and you should'nt have any problems with interference of any kind. Peace of mind against possible power surges are an added bonus and it should be easier to hoover behind there too. Problemo solved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts