Cable and banana plugs for B&W M1 satellites?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am thinking of buying some QED silver anniversary XT speaker cable to go with B&W M1 satellites. I can have the cable fitted with the banana plugs to go in the AV receiver, but am I right in thinking that if I am wall mounting the speakers there is no room for the banana plugs to connect to the speakers due to the wall mount casing, and so can only really connect via exposed wire? If this is the case, is it still worth getting banana plugs put on one end to connect to the AV receiver?

Any advice / suggestions?

Good wire choice?

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
The M1 speakers can only be connected with bare wires there is no other way, unless you wire in some short fly leads with other connectors. It's a bit fiddly to wire up the M1s; but you only need to do it once (well, only once for each speaker
emotion-5.gif
). So take your time about it and don't try to rush it.

As regards the fitting of the cables to the amp at the other end, it depends on ease of access. I find that banana plugs make it a little bit simpler to connect up and there is less chance of stray strands of wire short circuiting things.

A

Anonymous

Joe10155:
The M1 speakers can only be connected with bare wires there is no other way, unless you wire in some short fly leads with other connectors. It's a bit fiddly to wire up the M1s; but you only need to do it once (well, only once for each speaker
emotion-5.gif
). So take your time about it and don't try to rush it.

As regards the fitting of the cables to the amp at the other end, it depends on ease of access. I find that banana plugs make it a little bit simpler to connect up and there is less chance of stray strands of wire short circuiting things.

Cheers for that Joe. Banana plugs on one end and loose on the other it is then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts