BW 685s2 and Pioneer receiver because of HTC connect?

alsmi

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I am new to this, and would really appreciate your help. I want to have good sound in my apartment when playing music, and I am considering buying two BW 685 s2 speakers. The seller suggests me either Denon or Nad receiver (he does not sell other brands). However, I found out that because I have a HTC android phone, I will not be able to stream music via wifi, only via bluetooth which should give much worse quality. Then I found out that Pioneer has HTC connect in their receivers, which means that you can use wifi. So, my question is whether it is a good idea to buy a Pioneer receiver for these two speakers, and if yes, which one would you recommend? I am asking because I found a forum message where a guy's Pioneer receiver and BW speakers did not match according to Pioneer.

In future I might want to add an extra wireless speaker to the bedroom. Will it be possible to have the two BW speakers connected with cables and the wireless speaker connected wirelessly such that they play exactly the same (i.e. you can walk from room to room and the music is the same).

Thank you!

Alex

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Alex,

I have an Onkyo 905 and am delighted with my B&W 685 Theatre. Many people on the forum have used Onkyo receivers with B&W speakers. I heard a Yamaha receiver with B&W speakers and loved the combination so if my Onkyo died I woudd definitely put both on my audition list. I also heard a Pioneer receiver with B&Ws and it lacked emotion and felt sterile but many on the forum like Pioneer products.

I would suggest you audition some receivers with your proposed speakers and choose what you love. I have an Arcam hifi and loved it with my B&W 685s.

Best wishes

Chris

D

Deleted member 116933

To be honest i wouldn't buy and amp based on one feature. I would buy based on sound quality. If you can't use your phone (if you have one) you can always use your laptop/PC or even a USB/hard drive connected to the amp.

B&W tend to be on the bright side and pioneer can have a forward personality. So might not be the best match but need to listen to find out. You spending alot of money so you should really listen to all the options.

Are you going to be listening to music more than movies? if so then a Hi fi stereo amp might be better? Dont know your budget but the NAD 3020d is a digital amp witch allows connections to digital media. Its another option to explore.

But if you really want wireless music everywhere maybe Sono's setup with a couple of play1's and there sub might do the trick? loads of different options.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts