Buzzing from MA speakers...?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Greetings all

I was listening to some Handel piano music this evening (starting with Suite 5 in E-minor) and I noticed a very annoying buzz/rattle sound coming from both speakers, but predominantly the left one. I was listening at a fair volume: just less than midway on my 40-Watt Rotel. I have never noticed this before.

The noise appeared to be a resonance from the front baffle, not a noise from the electronics. I removed the grilles and the tweeter covers. I pressed upon the "aluminium" trim holding in the mid/woofer. I switched discs to some other piano recordings, and I heard the same. The musical reproduction was lovely and otherwise perfectly normal. It seems that my speakers have decided to disagree with piano to spite me...

Any clues welcome!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i had the same prob with a pair of rs6s - it was only noticable with accoustic tracks from memory - took back to shop they tried to tighten the screws but made no difference - returned to ma and they replaced them for me no argument - they also very kindly allowed me to pay the shop the difference to upgrade to the rs8s - can't fault the service

A

Anonymous

Hello matengawhat

Is there any possibility that you could post the link to your original thread about your experience with this problem? I see that WHF forums have lost their search function, so I'm hoping you might (somehow?) be able to find the link... I told the local dealer that there was recored experience of this on the Internet, and he requested the URL to pass on to the national distributor for MA.

Many thanks
Zach

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts