Buying from Richer sounds

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently took the plunge and brought a 40 inch set. I was not willing to pay more than I have to. I chose the Sony as the best value and performance.I also saw the famed Philps 9664 and Samsung 7 series, At such similar price the Samsung loses out to the Philips

I saw the 40inch version of the 9664 but at £1499. It was too pricey. On the Batman dark knight scenics, the 9664 had a clarity that made it stand out, Impressive. It was twice the Sony W5810 price? Not twice the performance.I was offered it at £1399!

I never ever brought from Richer Sounds and visited them last to assess price. They priced match Amazon and beat it!

Other dealers offered the bundled Sony retail deals forcing us to 'buy' another Blu Ray player.I accept some may not have a Ps3 or BR player.Amazon's W5810 price include a absolutely free BP3690 player,It was close to been the best deal. No trade in of an TV required to get the deal.

Others I won't name needs to think REPRICING.Why don't these dealers just drop the price of the TV or price match and offer a truely FREE BR Player?? It looks like a leveraged unattractive deal? I hate that kind of retail practice. Like the fee paying current accounts offering things you don't need and cliam the extra benefits cancels out the cost of the account?

My Sony had the Sept 2009 date on it as it was the new model and seems to eliminate the video black halo effect. I can't say they all don't have the clouding effect, I think the newer ones have the problem 98% licked.

Richer sound really delivers on Price.Its business model is as up beat like Virgin. Stocks are lmited but you can reserve it. The smaller TV chains gives you that extra personal service,I forgot to add no Sony scrappage trade in is required to get the best price in the UK!

A

Anonymous

Richer Sounds have been advertising the Samsung UE46B8000 at an attractive price but have not had one in stock for at least the last 3 weeks and still can't tell me when they're due in.

Not a great practise
emotion-12.gif

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
You can indeed get a bargain at Richer Sounds and I have enjoyed shopping there in the past but it can be difficult to get certain items which never seem to be in stock.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Richer sounds are a very good store to 'buy' from so long as YOU know what you want. Ive had nothing but utter BS when ive asked for advice from my local store

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:Richer sounds are a very good store to 'buy' from so long as YOU know what you want. Ive had nothing but utter BS when ive asked for advice from my local store

Totally agree. I am not a big fan of them, but I'm generally a fan of their prices. The advice in my local RS is non existent, theyre more of a stack em high sell em cheap type affair. They dont even have a demo room any more. Which is fine as long as you know what you want.

Also I have experienced the "we dont have any in stock at the moment" on many occasions.

A

Anonymous

i think many online retailers play the old "out of stock game" how many people would see the great price , and head down to the shop , to be told what they wanted wasnt there , but they have something similar there ?? once your in the door , with money to spend , they have a decent shot at flogging you something ...

Richer Sounds are great - as long as you bare in mind the following: Their prices are sharp (not always on award winning, current models), and they don't have very many dem rooms - doesn't apply to tv's - and they are a pile'em high sell'em cheap set-up.

Many people, including myself, have benefitted from RS, so they deserve a place amongst other top hi-fi retailers.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:Richer sounds are a very good store to 'buy' from so long as YOU know what you want.

Yeah I've bought from them twice, both times I walked in knowing what I wanted, first was the Sonos BU150 bundle a while back, then last week, the Sony BDP-S760, I rang them on the Monday about that one, they didn't have any in stock, but had deliveries coming Wednesday, so I put my name down on one, went in on the Thursday and walked out with it ten minutes later. The was the Bristol store, they still have a demo room (I didn't look in it though), the Sonos was from the Exeter store, at first the guy tried to give me the older bundle (which was cheaper, so he was doing himself out of money!) but I corrected him and got the 150, to be fair though it was VERY busy and I walked in there unannounced at 4.55pm, so I can forgive that!

WRT the standard of advice I'm not complaining, my local Sony Centre think the S760 isn't even on sale yet...

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I was disappointed to read some of the negative comments on this thread and wanted to take this opportunity to reply.

Customer service is extremely important to us and we put a lot of hard work into providing all our customers with impartial advice, tailored to suit the specific needs and requirements of each individual customer.

I can also assure you that the last thing we would want is to antagonise our valued customers by intentionally advertising stock which we do not have. This would hardly be good customer service and we would course have absolutely nothing at all to gain in doing so!

The products we advertise are certainly always in stock and whilst, due to the small size of some of our stores, some products can temporarily sell out, we always have further stock in our warehouse. The only exception to this is when a supplier cannot fulfil the quantities we require due to demand despite our regular requests for more stock! In these cases we always clearly state that stocks can be erratic / finite in supply on the web or in our catalogue.

That said, if a customer does enquire about a product which is out of stock then of course we will try and offer a comparable alternative rather than send customers away disappointed and empty-handed . I also feel it is worth noting that we literally serve many thousands of customers every week and the vast majority are happy with our service, advice and availability.

I hope this clarifies our position although if any customer has any specific problem that they'd like me to investigate further then please do feel free to contact me direct on john.p.clayton@richersounds.com

Many thanks,

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

D

Deleted member 2457

I have always found Richer Sounds to be excellent I got my blu ray player from them.

Don't take it personal richer sounds and keep up the very good work.

I am a fan.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
gel:

Don't take it personal richer sounds and keep up the very good work.

I don't see how they could take it any other way - the comments (fair or not) are personal!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

There was indeed a "Stocks erratic" disclaimer in the WHF magazine advert, but this begs the question why would you advertise a product using valuable costly advertising space which has limited finite supply and seemingly would sell itself without the advertisment???
emotion-42.gif

I have since bought from Amazon.

Regards

Andy

A

Anonymous

I have mixed feeling about rs.

I like them and they offer great prices and i find the staff friendly and pleasent. however i do feel that i'm going be recommended cambridge audio for everything (though i have been very happy with my 540r receiver) and this leaves me thinking ' what would i have walked out with from a different shop?' I do think they try sell wheat they make good margins on and stocking there trying to get rid of.

I am going to buy my new tv from there as i know what i want and they offer the best price and warranty.

as others have said, rs is great if you know what you want before you go.

A

Anonymous

The Recession will help to get Richer sounds more sales. Just saw the Prebudget report, everyone will have less money to spend for years, And the Tories say the cuts are modest??

Retailers need to think about that as customers are picky about spending. In Japan they just launched another stimulus package as consumers aren't spending......plunging the country into deflationary spiral.

Consumers are King now,.Richer sounds is now my 1st point of call for electricals.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Ultraslim: The Recession will help to get Richer sounds more sales. Just saw the Prebudget report, everyone will have less money to spend for years, And the Tories say the cuts are modest??

Retailers need to think about that as customers are picky about spending. I'm not so sure about that. We had a great year last year, but this year's even better - no sign of a recession at all. This year has been our busiest year since I joined about 4 years ago - you usually get peaks and troughs, but this year has been constantly busy with no let up at all - that's the first time in this business (20 years) I've ever witnessed that.

You'll find a demo kit kist on my blog on another forum (nowhere to do one here, and I can't link to it), which you'll see we keep very little budget hi-fi and AV on demo, so it's not so much consumers wanting cheap products, they want mid priced/high end products cheap.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
In the interests of redressing the balance, I've had very positive experiences with Richer Sounds.

When I bought a Sony receiver from them a few of years back they happily exchanged it a couple of days later for an Onkyo receiver. This was not because of a fault with the Sony, I just wasn't entirely happy with the way it performed with the other components of my system. No questions asked. Simple exchange. Job's a good un.

I also bought my current television from them a few months back and staff were happy to let me try a range of sources on different televisions, as well as allowing me to tweak settings to help me decide which television to opt for. Both my amp and tv were bought for a great price and RS were happy to price match as well.

All in all, a very happy RS customer!
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts