Buy this amp or not. What is wise?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It is a new Exposure from a English dealer who sell it on Ebay. But Exposure do this to protect the higher prices from Dutch and German dealers i think.

Also or The Exposure for 1500,-- by a german dealer or it would be the Arcam A 39 for 1620,- Euro. (Price given by Hifi Schleuderbacher). The Arcam is the moderner amp. But i must know how it sounds compared with the expusure. For streaming i will buy the Bluesound Node.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Simply based on the difference in input sensitivity, expect the Exposure to be more in your face and go loud much sooner on the volume travel than the Arcam. This will happen with digital sources. The Arcam has a much more usable attenuation and less fake impression of endless power.
I would choose the Exposure with lazy inefficient speakers and the Arcam for more efficient ones.

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Vladimir; I have the Kef R500. But with my music, rough rock, i don't like when it is too much in your face. I never listen loud, but always in the evening at normal level. Till now no one has the Arcam A39 here so i cant listen to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts