Burn in time?

davemartin01

May 4, 2010
Visit site
As we are constantly recommended by the hi fi dealers and often "magazines" that initial disappointment in audio equipment, such as amplifiers, cables and sources, can be overcome by a long "burn in" period. With this in mind I would like to know what burn in time is required when buying a much more complex electronic piece of equipment such as a 3D HD flat screen TV and following the audio philosophy pushed by the dealers and users on the "HIFI" section of this forum, how much improvement in picture quality, brightness, sound and 3D ability would be gained with an X amount of hours?

Should one be expected to purchase an expensive new TV and expect sub-standard picture quality compared to what was seen in the showroom at John Lewis until "burnt in"?

I am of course being facetious but making the point of why do the many many more dealers I have come across in the normal electronics world not follow the belief that hi fi dealers have?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
davemartin01 said:
As we are constantly recommended by the hi fi dealers and often "magazines"

Not sure why the quotes: are you suggesting that magazines aren't in fact magazines?

davemartin01 said:
With this in mind I would like to know what burn in time is required when buying a much more complex electronic piece of equipment such as a 3D HD flat screen TV and following the audio philosophy pushed by the dealers and users on the "HIFI" section of this forum, how much improvement in picture quality, brightness, sound and 3D ability would be gained with an X amount of hours?

Most TV displays do alter after a few hundred hours of use: that's why manufacturers and calibrators usually suggest you put a few hundred hours on the screen before undertaking calibration, rather than doing this on a TV straight out of the box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts