building a hifi system

jchicar

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I´m a newby in this world. I´ve been considering for a long time to get a good hifi system, but the more i read the more i go crazy... i´d deeply appreciate some advice...

I´ve almost decided to buy a turntable: acoustic solid wood or rega rp8. So, questions arise...

The most important issue... what loudspeakers? The room will be 20-22 square meters, 2.5 meters high. I´ve reviewed some speakers whithin a range of 2000-2500 euros; some of them seem to be ok for this room size, but i ´m really concerned about that. Is it probably better to get bookshelf speakers? Any reccomendation about that? Any floorstanders good for this size?

As you can see i´m really confused... So i´d really appreciate some help.

Welcome to the forum. There are hundreds of models to choose from, and few of us here have listened to more than a handful. You really need to find a couple of dealers and spend a few hours (at least) auditioning some options.

As you are pricing in euros, the values were are familiar with in Britain are not relevant, plus availability differs from country to country. As you will gave gathered, the popular models here typically include KEF, B&W, Monitor Audio, PMC and ATC. Focal, Dali and Dynavector are widely available in Europe, plus many others. The best buys in this magazine's website can guide you to a few models.

Good luck, and by all means revert here when you have a short list.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts