Building a hi-fi system? Here's the secret to matching the right components

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
it must sound great , ohms law: the higher is the impedance the higher is the resistance or resistivity?don´t know if it sounds correct in english.

As the title of this comment section his our dream system let´s say that i´m 24 and i went to buy a matching system, it takes time to find anything that will match,

the reason why , i went for the Magnat MA900 and the transpull 1500 speakers also from Magnat and they sure sound good , the loudness efect is only available in the remote and i like it because at night i do prefer hearing music from the speakers ,

and bought last december a Rega P10 with a Hana cartridge because i can get them cheaper than usual so i kept the alpheta 3 for other turntable and bought the Umami red from Hana,

the cd player found one in a hi-fi store also from magnat with tube pre-amplification, MCD850

because there are no recording devices new i put on it a restored Nakamichi 700ZXL that it sounds good ,

not that expensive it as all functions as modern ones also had bought some monthes earlier a blusound node II as a streamer it can be used with the amplifier i had bought from Technics and the newer one the X or 10(don´t know)

to resume :
-Receiver , Magnat MA900;
-cd player, Magnat MCD 850;
-speakers , transpull 1500;
-turntable , Rega P10 +SPU10+hana Umami Red;
-cassette deck, nakamichi 700ZXL;
-streamer, bluesound node X.(i allmost didn´t bought it seems to me, not that better than the II i had already bought not too long ago, maybe 5 monthes ,the first i had)

Normally with components from the same brand they do have the tendencie to match as option i almost bought the amplifier and speakers from Yamaha,
but in other room i had bought a amplifier with power needles from technics the SU-R1000 silver and some excelent technics tower speakers SB-R1E-K who sound amazing with other 70´s technics components,
like a SL-1000MKII with technics cartridge and stylus EPC-300MC , mc type with proper separate amplification for this cartridge SU-300MC,
i almost bought a new SL-1000GR but the mkII sounds better both played in the store at same time ,
and my father bought several needles , the reason why ,i´m good for life.

Last edited:

manicm

What Ketan describes is an ever unreachable utopia where on my side bricks and mortar hifi stores are all but gone.

That leaves only common sense and luck, and with some reassurance to return the equipment if you're not happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rui

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
What Ketan describes is an ever unreachable utopia where on my side bricks and mortar hifi stores are all but gone.

That leaves only common sense and luck, and with some reassigned to return the equipment if you're not happy.
totally agreed , i still have a store to go and test whatever i wanted but in late 80´s i would go to 3 diferent stores and they would join whatever equipment i wanted to hear ,now those stores are closed what to do? the buy then return it only works in the same brand as a warranty, you can not return a amplifier and get the money back you can trade it for another from the same brand

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts