Budget Spotify Connect streamer

grifter182

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, from another thread I've narrowed down what I'm ideally after, which is a budget Spotify connect streamer.

Hopefully one that doesn't need an external DAC, and can play Spotify in the best quality possible for my set up. I'd like to not go with an Airport Express if possible, as I don't want my phone or iPad doing all the "work". Rather they acted as a remote.

Strangely, there doesn't seem to be many options for people just wanting a device only for Spotify. The all-in-one devices I've looked at all seem to be overkill with expensive DACs and such for people with a large collection of HD files on a NAS, rather than a device aimed at simply getting the best sound quality from Spotify only (which I'm guessing doesn't need anything too fancy).

chausj

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I just got a pair of Gramofons who h sound exactly like what you're looking for, but haven't been able to set them up yet. Hoping to do so this week.

Hello, did you try Gramofon? How didi you connect to your speakers? Thanks

daveh75

Worth looking at Chromecast Audio. Like Connect uses your device as a remote, but isn't just limited to Spotify, has combined analogue/digital out and only £30.

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_audio

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts