Budget speaker advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to buy some new speakers, but my budget is around the £100 - £150 mark... the cheaper the better. I've looked on ebay, but there doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile on there.

I'm considering the Mission MV4 or the Kef C1/C3...

I've got a Marantz PM7001 amp and I'll be using a project debut turntable.

The room is large, and has a hard tiled floor - although I don't really want to buy for the room as I'm renting.

I may upgrade when I've got more cash - but I want something that will do my amp a bit of justice.

What do people think of the Mission MV4 or the Kef C1/C3.

I mostly listen to rock, folk, pop, indie style music if that helps!

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Your not allowed to post links to adverts on here i now realise so i cant post idea's. But if you go on ebay and search loudspeakers under the Home audio/hifi and start at the lowest price first you will find lots of used options in your budget, some supprisingly good ones

A

Anonymous

Can you give me any idea of the make or model to look for?

What do you think of the Mission MV4's or the Kef C3's ??

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Im not familiar with either of those speakers but from my experience, you are much better off buying second hand if your looking to do it on a budget. You could get a £500 speaker for the £150 you want to spend quite easily. I noticed some epos speakers and quad speakers and some old big kef speakers going for nothing.

You could do up a list of used speakers in your price range then look in whathifi's review section or on the internet and see what people have to say about them.

A

Anonymous

I've had the Wharfdale Diamond 9.1's before with this amp and wasn't very impressed to be honest. I didn't find them very clear and didn't have the same delicacy as some Mission's I've heard.

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
B&W DM601 s3 standmount speakers, B&W DM603 s2 floor standers, mission 751 standmount, mission 753 floor standers, Rogers DB101 standmounts all within buudget also

A

Anonymous

have a look on ebay for used older B&W speakers .... there are loads

these would be my choice ... B&W DM2a speakers (3-way transmission design) .... it's a new listing with still 9 days to go, it's not a buy it now, but may sell for approx £150-£180 ... look to be in good condition, and have the original packaging

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts