Budget soundbars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked in the back of WHF and had a quick chat with Richers - the in-laws are after a soundbar to replace a malfunctioning home-cinema-in-a-box, something that there seems to be a dearth of now.

Prefer a conventional IR remote, so erring away from Sonos, only connection available to them is optical, and ideally less that 80cm wide - budget under £500.

Any personal experiences or things I should be aware of before a store visit?

jjbomber

Any personal experiences or things I should be aware of before a store visit?
Got the Sky soundbox for my mum. Devialet developed them, so a good pedigree. Only HDMI, optical and bluetooth inputs, but it was only used with the TV in my mum's case. Just 38cm long, 21cm deep and 11cm tall. You can pick them up second hand for £100. I found it great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears
We have a Canton, though it’s a base rather than a bar. It sounds great and we’ve used it with Sony and LG using optical. IIRC they all got good reviews. Handy remote with volume, tone and input options.

Stopped using it with our latest LG as couldn’t seem to get a consistent synchronised sound - it seemed to depend on the input. I think it’s a new LG thing. However, I’d buy one again as it’s discrete and sounds very good. (I think ours was the DM50, and WHF still mention the newer 55)

Reactions: Al ears

Wander

Sep 8, 2021
Visit site
Bose 838309-1100, 2 angled full-range drivers deliver a more realistic, spatial audio experience for overall better TV sound from a small soundbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts