Budget set up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

walterandbruges

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
Or simply upgrading your speaker cable to bi-wire is an option that's not too expensive.

That is what I have with my system. I prefer to nude wire and I have to admit trying to get the two twisted wires into the one terminal hole at the amp end is a pain. So if you have banana plugs that can make it easier. I also think my bi-wire cable is particularly thick.

BTW I'm a huge fan of Arcam and Monitor Audio, so you've done well there. It's just finessing the system a bit to get it in running order.

tommitches

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
If he hasn't got them, don't spend too much on jumper cables.
The reason I asked about your cable....some people use bare wire - in which case it's easy enough to make jumpers out of a small piece of the same cable.

Seriously, you only need to link the terminals, copper wire, bits of coat hanger through the holes in the terminals (the ones intended for bare wire connection).
The jumpers don't need to be 'special' (expensive).

Got myself some cheap jumper cables - the easy option. And we're firing, big thanks everyone who's helped!

@gasolin & @walterandbruges - not going to delve into the bi-wiring maze just now...

Reactions: Gray

tommitches

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
Or simply upgrading your speaker cable to bi-wire is an option that's not too expensive.

That is what I have with my system. I prefer to nude wire and I have to admit trying to get the two twisted wires into the one terminal hole at the amp end is a pain. So if you have banana plugs that can make it easier. I also think my bi-wire cable is particularly thick.

BTW I'm a huge fan of Arcam and Monitor Audio, so you've done well there. It's just finessing the system a bit to get it in running order.

Shout out @plastic penguin for that shout - it's sounding class!

And yes will defo get some dedicated stands at some point. One thing at a time though eh...

Reactions: walterandbruges

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts