Budget Set up Completion. TH-42PZ700, A102HCS5, AX763 & DMP-BD55

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Currently I’ve set up these Jamo A102HCS5 speakers a couple of months ago but they're currently not connected to anything but all wired in. I've a TH-42PZ700 wall mounted ready for the rest of the cinema be added.
I was thinking of purchasing the following now I’ve ducked being made redundant for a few months. I'd like to watch a few DVD's in surround sound, what Sky HD and listen to some tunes on my IPOD with Yamaha DSP-AX763 Receiver and the Panasonic DMP-BD55.

I have a couple of questions

1. Due to limitation of no upscaling on the AX763 would the upscaling capabilities on the BD55
a) be easy to set up? I read somewhere that you can buy a microphone and position it where you are planning to sit and tell the DVD player to set itself up. Probably making this up but it sounds plausible...
b) There would be no problem with the upscaled signal being passed to the Receiver then on to the TV, has anyone heard of any issues with doing this with jitter or delays in fast moving pictures?

2. I don't have lots of room for a separate hifi set up so i'd like to connect my IPOD to the AX763 using the YDS-10 will the sound come out of all the speakers or can i tell it to use the fronts and the subs? Is this what the Pre-Outs will do?

3. Connecting a PC to my TV using a VGA or would i put it though the AX763 using a different method; does it matter which or does the AX763 bring any benefit from using it?

4. "there’s still onboard decoding for all HD audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio." Quoted from what hifi AX763 review. What does this actually mean in the context I’m going to use it for?

5. I don't doing online gaming so i was planning to get Sky HD which will take up the other HDMI input. Have I missed anything out?

If anyone has any suggestions or comments please let me know, i'm new to AV would and as my knowledge grows no doubt my requirements will change!!

Thanks

James

A

Anonymous

Hi
1)a) I think you're a bit confused about upscaling. Upscaling is where the video signal is "made bigger" to fit a larger resolution display, eg. 576i up to 1080p. The bd55 will do the upcaling of your DVDs. It doesn't affect the sound. Your amp will accept the digital audio from the bd55 and decode it without a problem. A mic should come with the amp for setting the amp up.
b) There shouldn't be, but if there is a lipsync problem the amp has settings you can change to correct it.
2) It depends on which surround mode you put the amp on.
3) I would suggest vga to the telly and audio to the amp, unless your PC has an hdmi output, then connect it to the amp.
4) The amp will decode all the digital audio from your bluray player.
5)You'll need an optical lead to get surround sound from the sky box. The hdmi only sends stereo. I personally would connect the hdmi straight into the telly then the optical to the amp. You then don't have to have the amp on to watch sky.
Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts