Bryston CD-player (BCD-1)

CodyTARA

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello again!

This week, our music source at TARA Labs was in the form of a Bryston BCD-1. While fairly entry-level, this CD player definitely surpassed my expectations. The music was clean and transparent, with focused and engaging dynamics. However, I was a bit confused when I realized it did not support SACD format. A quick search later I found that: though Bryston experimented with SACD playback, they soon discovered that it did not operate on the same sampling frequency as most CDs. Ultimately, Bryston could not match the quality of a CD-dedicated system. However, the quality of the CD playback is excellent. I respect Bryston for not sacrificing quality for features. Anyone out there using Bryston products?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Also, have you ever considered replying to any of the comments in any of the threads that you've started and actually having a conversation with other forum members here? Or is this just another one of your 'free advertising' threads?

cheersmate

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I've used Bryston for years and have always enjoyed their products.

It's no surprise to me TARA Labs doesn't answer, considering how rude this forum is.

Not entirely sure why I joined *diablo*

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
cheersmate said:
It's no surprise to me TARA Labs doesn't answer, considering how rude this forum is.

Nor do they ever reply to any of their other threads which they've posted on this forum (and several other hifi forums). It just seems like they're trying to get a bit of free advertising to me.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
cheersmate said:

Nor do they ever reply to any of their other threads which they've posted on this forum (and several other hifi forums). It just seems like they're trying to get a bit of free advertising to me.

Not true, Steve!

Cody said:
I am an employee of TARA Labs. I am not here to promote TARA Labs products.

See? Cody just wants us to discuss a CDP!*nea*

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
DocG said:
steve_1979 said:
cheersmate said:

Not true, Steve!

Cody said:
I am an employee of TARA Labs. I am not here to promote TARA Labs products.

See? Cody just wants us to discuss a CDP!*nea*

I'm also an employee of TARA Labs, and so is my wife.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Cody@TARA just starts threads about any old random HiFi related topic then disappears without ever bothering to reply or comment on any of the resulting posts. As you can see he's not really interested in this thread because he's never even bothered to look at it. It was started 4 days and 3 hours ago and he hasn't returned to the WHF forum for 4 days and 3 hours.

He been doing exactly the same thing once a week for a month. It's the same story on all the other HiFi forums too. He just starts a random thread and never bothers to look at it again. He has however got the words 'TARA Labs' regularly appearing on HiFi forums all over the place. It's quite a clever spam tactic IMO.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Cody@TARA just starts threads about any old random HiFi related topic then disappears without ever bothering to reply or comment on any of the resulting posts. As you can see he's not really interested in this thread because he's never even bothered to look at it. It was started 4 days and 3 hours ago and he hasn't returned to the WHF forum for 4 days and 3 hours.

It's Darwinism happening in front of your eyes, so just relax and enjoy the spectacle. It's your moral duty as a member of Hi-Fi Geographic not to alert the antelopes when the tigers sneak in.

TRENDING THREADS