British Airways Concorde Ad -1989

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
jjbomber said:
I thought they could have flown one this year for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics. The red arrows are great but there was still that missing wow factor that Concorde brings.
I love Concorde, but I don't think that any of them are airworthy

jjbomber

That is why we have the National Lottery for good causes. Never mind pig farmers in Peru and all the other nonsense that lottery money gets wasted on. This would have been a good use of the funds. They should have got a C of A for one of the Concordes for the two occasions this summer; Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
hammill said:
I love Concorde, but I don't think that any of them are airworthy

I think that the Concorde that was on display at Airbus in Filton, had the engines and avionics removed soon after it ceased flying. It would be very time consuming firstly to refit all this equipment, and then to get airwothiness approval for an airframe that has been sitting on the ground for a decade.

The final obstacle would have been the fact that developers were starting to dig up the runway a couple of years ago, so it would probably have been impossible to get the plane in the air anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts