Brightstar isonodes

A

Anonymous

I tried a set, for a tenner you haven't got much to lose. They did make a significant difference, but in the end I found it to be worse. I can't define their effect technically but they seemed to 'smooth' out the sound, initially even semed to improve it. On my CD player I found the music 'vague', particularly the snare drum seemed to lose definition. I transferred them to my DVD player and again initially liked it, but after watching a film realised the 'vagueness' was there again, some complicated dialect was hard to follow. I also used them on my PVR, and although I don't notice that much of a difference, they have definitely isolated the noise from the hard disc. I also had a go at mounting my speakers on shelves and they were better than without, but nowhere near as good as firm stands.

I guess if you don't have your equipment on proprietary stands (say a book case) they would help, sort of like a high end 1/2 sqaush ball.

Like I said, this isn't a technical appraisal, just my experience of these babies, and they now reside under my PVR.

A

Anonymous

Cyrus CD8X. I guess the Cyrus benefits from being on a solid support - I have a Quadraspire rack - the isonodes seem to be filled with some gel, so whilst they give an extra level of isolation they definitely aren't solid.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
was going to use with a kandy CD player and atacama equinox stand - the cd player has firm rubber feet so will be interesting to see if same result - tried to order from the company in the states and pay by paypal but they have not got in touch yet for payment where did you get yours from?

A

Anonymous

B&Q sell clear plastic castor cups with spikes for putting under furniture legs - can't remember the proper name for them, but imho they can be worth a try if you are experimenting with cheap isolation improvers. They also look ok.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts