Question Bowers & Wilkins p7 vs p7 wireless, which one should I choose?

raikksalvatore

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I’m planing on buying P7 or P7 wireless, (not a fan of the looks of the newer ones so…) normally I listen to my headphones plug to my amp and listening to some vinyl, yet I know the wireless sound quality normally can’t beat the cable one.

and although P7 wireless you can still plug the cable into it, I always wonder is it actually by pass the pre-amp in the headphone.

so I wonder P7 or P7 wireless in terms of sound quality, which one is better?
thanks in advance!

Gray

Using both wired, I would hope there'd be no difference.
However, whether the wire connects directly to the drivers is a good question - and one that I've not seen asked before.

Depending on the actual plug / socket, If the cable plugs into a single socket on the phones, then it's unlikely to connect directly - even though that's all it needs to do.

That's the sort of question I'd like to see answered in user manuals - but know it won't be. (Being realistic though, how many users would care to know?).

Last edited:
Using both wired, I would hope there'd be no difference.
However, whether the wire connects directly to the drivers is a good question - and one that I've not seen asked before.

Depending on the actual plug / socket, If the cable plugs into a single socket on the phones, then it's unlikely to connect directly - even though that's all it needs to do.

That's the sort of question I'd like to see answered in user manuals - but know it won't be. (Being realistic though, how many users would care to know?).
indeed, if they were that bothered they would buy the wired version in the first place....

raikksalvatore

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
my current headphone is Marshall Major IV, my regular using hobby is when I go to work during the commute I will use Bluetooth, and when I’m back home I will use the cable to connect my amp.
(and I don't think this doesn't sound any different when I connect cable anyhow)

and lately, I want to upgrade to a more serious player, so would the sound be better when the Bluetooth Headphones are used via cable?

but now I have decided to buy the wired ones instead, thank you guys for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts