Bowers & Wilkins P3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I dropped into my local hi-fi shop today and bought the B&W P3s (black).

Luckily they have a demo pair I could try first (no charge :) ) and they sounded excellent using my iPad Mini 3 and my own ripped content (@ 320K AAC VBR from CD mostly). Noticeably better than my £29.95 Sennheiser PX-100 IIs (fuller yet quieter between people talking* and a bit 'spacier' and smoother).

Debatable whether they are £139 'better' than the PX-100 IIs (although I got 10% discount so my P3s were only £153) but then there is the look and the feel and the quality of construction and the brilliant little hard case (that is an absolutely perfect fit in my old Billingham bag that goes everywhere with me) and the fact that every time I take them out I am thinking ... "ooh, shiny"!

It would have been nice to get white, gold and 'cognac' leather finished P3s - and case - to match my new iPad Mini 3 (and it's case) but I got black and they look great!

The Sennheiser Momentums were good too but they don't fold up or have a protective case and are bigger.

Anyway. Very happy.

* 'Quieter between people talking' because I listen - almost exclusively - to spoken word content (drama, history, comedies, documentaries, audiobooks, podcasts, Radio 4 etc.)

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
I dropped into my local hi-fi shop today and bought the B&W P3s (black).

Luckily they have a demo pair I could try first (no charge :) ) and they sounded excellent using my iPad Mini 3 and my own ripped content (@ 320K AAC VBR from CD mostly). Noticeably better than my £29.95 Sennheiser PX-100 IIs (fuller yet quieter between people talking* and a bit 'spacier' and smoother).

Debatable whether they are £139 'better' than the PX-100 IIs (although I got 10% discount so my P3s were only £153) but then there is the look and the feel and the quality of construction and the brilliant little hard case (that is an absolutely perfect fit in my old Billingham bag that goes everywhere with me) and the fact that every time I take them out I am thinking ... "ooh, shiny"!

It would have been nice to get white, gold and 'cognac' leather finished P3s - and case - to match my new iPad Mini 3 (and it's case) but I got black and they look great!

The Sennheiser Momentums were good too but they don't fold up or have a protective case and are bigger.

Anyway. Very happy.

* 'Quieter between people talking' because I listen - almost exclusively - to spoken word content (drama, history, comedies, documentaries, audiobooks, podcasts, Radio 4 etc.)
Nice one Chebby!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts