Bowers & Wilkins celebrates 25 years with Anniversary Edition 600 Series speakers

BlackH2O

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
Bowers and Wilkens now owned by EVA Automation since 2016, a company that has never released a product.
Was disappointed their highest-end 2000 watt subwoofer that came. out in 2017 for near $5000, now made in China, where B&W previously made their top sub in the U.K. No cherry either.
I guess B&W tried to cut cost and make "somewhat" more affordable lines in China, and the higher-end lines in the U.K. But now since selling the company are all speakers soon coming from China as the highest-end Subs are? Would be disappointing to see this strategy.
Marantz and countless other U.S. companies made the same mistake in the late seventies, it did not turn out well with many brands failing in the 1980s.
You can only ride that "Brand Cache" so long.

Glowman

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
Unfortunately they've got their details wrong. The 600 series came out in September 1993. I've got the receipts and brochure from 1993.

Bit embarrassing to release your 25th anniversary special on the 27th anniversary.

TooOftenDrunk

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately they've got their details wrong. The 600 series came out in September 1993. I've got the receipts and brochure from 1993.

Bit embarrassing to release your 25th anniversary special on the 27th anniversary.
Really, please share images as if that is the case they really have dropped the ball

Glowman

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
Well I've had a response from B&W. According to them the DM600i series "didn't conform to how we saw the 600 series using our more familiar premium drive unit technology with the adoption of the aramid fibre cones, that only began in 1995"
Not sure what everyone else makes of that. IMG_20200902_175752__01.jpg

manicm

Bowers and Wilkens now owned by EVA Automation since 2016, a company that has never released a product.
Was disappointed their highest-end 2000 watt subwoofer that came. out in 2017 for near $5000, now made in China, where B&W previously made their top sub in the U.K. No cherry either.
I guess B&W tried to cut cost and make "somewhat" more affordable lines in China, and the higher-end lines in the U.K. But now since selling the company are all speakers soon coming from China as the highest-end Subs are? Would be disappointing to see this strategy.
Marantz and countless other U.S. companies made the same mistake in the late seventies, it did not turn out well with many brands failing in the 1980s.
You can only ride that "Brand Cache" so long.

Don’t know on which planet you’ve been living in, but B&W and Arcam and a host of others have been manufacturing in China for the best part of 2 decades. Even Naim do it for their cheaper products now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts