admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I WAS GONNA GET A BOSE LIFESTYLE SYSTEM 18 TO CONNECT TO MY PS3 FOR BRILLIANT SOUND FOR BLUE RAY MOVIES... IS BOSE REALLY OVER-RATED???

OR IS IT WORTH IT???

A

Anonymous

its rubbish mate i changed for my system below a million times better

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The Lifestyle 18 emphatically isn't rubbish, but it won't handle the high-resolution audio formats available from Blu-ray Disc on the PS3.

I'd suggest a more conventional receiver and some small 'style' speakers, such as one of the KEF KHT packages.

Receivers? Well, the Onkyo TX-SR605 remains the obvious choice, but you could also look at the Sony STR-DG910 as an alternative. Both of these receivers will handle the LPCM format in which the PS3 will output HD audio.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nokz"]rubish compared to what i have now sorry andrew[/quote]

what a funny post.

A

Anonymous

I cant comment on the bose system you mention but ive yet to hear a bose system that impressed me.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="aminjahirul"]

I WAS GONNA GET A BOSE LIFESTYLE SYSTEM 18 TO CONNECT TO MY PS3 FOR BRILLIANT SOUND FOR BLUE RAY MOVIES... IS BOSE REALLY OVER-RATED???

OR IS IT WORTH IT???

[/quote]

NO. bose is very good,i know what im saying, i have a bose lifestyle 20 from 1998 and the sound is amazing!!!!

if you like bose,buy bose forever!!!!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bose lover"][quote user="aminjahirul"]

OR IS IT WORTH IT???

[/quote]

NO. bose is very good,i know what im saying, i have a bose lifestyle 20 from 1998 and the sound is amazing!!!!

if you like bose,buy bose forever!!!!
[/quote] no you sell it and get different better speakers for the same price !!!

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
I'm on the fence on this one, I used to install Bose Acoustimass 5 loudspeakers in both domestic HiFi systems and commercial applications, i.e. pubs, Hotels e.t.c. I liked them but not enough for me to buy them.

I have to admit, whilst they sounded brilliant in commercial situations (think Zavvi Shops e.t.c) they were less impressive in home HiFi systems, I found they needed a lot of driving and you definitely needed an amp that had tone controls so you could balance the bass and treble out. Also I found a lot of customers preferred them when using the "Loudness" button.

IMHO Bose products are a little to over priced than they should be, but people who loved them, bought them, those who didn't love them, didn't.

Again it is the same fundamental rule, use your ears, not anyone else's to decide if you like a system or not.

A

Anonymous

I bought a Bose Acoustimass system (not sure which, has just the two small speaker, not the twin jewel cube type) about 10 years ago, as a package with a Teac reference 200 cd player. Sound is OK to my ears and the speakers are unobtrusive, as is the sub which actually gives a good depth of sound for the size.
We are using it to suplement the TV speakers at the moment, and I can't really complain.

Peter Bleakley

Feb 21, 2008
Visit site
I've got the Bose Acoustimas 3 speakers as well. I've just bought the TEAC DR-H3000DAB and the sound seems great to me. I know there are a lot of people who have much more experience than me and recommend different speaker packages, but mine seem OK. I would be interested in any recommendations for different speaker packages so I could compare the sound though, just to see if I'm missing out!

A

Anonymous

The only system from Bose worth considering is the Cinemate- and that is if You need some TV sound in your bedroom/kids room.

Otherwise- overpiriced and overhyped- exactly like the Toyota Prius!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts