BOSE v30 versus the rest !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im looking for simple system that will be able to deal reasonably well with both music and DVD. Speakers have to be small (room 8x4mtrs). I like the Bose v30 as it seems to meet all my needs. Any comments or helpful suggestions? I did also wonder about the KEF eggs or MT30 speakers but then im left to try and match with an amp.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
OK you seem to have £2500 for the Bose V30 system.

I am not sure how flexible that budget is but you might consider either...

Arcam Solo Movie 5.1 (£1999) + Arcam Muso/Logo 5.1 speaker system. (£1200 I think)

Or if you are not wedded to 5.1 and want something neater...

Arcam Solo Movie 2.1 (£1500) + Arcam Muso/Logo 2.1 speaker system.

I think one or two dealers do a 2.1 'package' for £2000 including Solo Movie 2.1 and the Muso/Logo speakers (L + R + sub)

Both Arcam Solo Movie units have DVD-Video/DVD-Audio/CD-Audio/CD-RW/SACD and DAB + FM tuner and 720p/1080p upscaling.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
hi i was also interested in the bose v30 to as it is very convient and thats coming from somebody having home cinema seperates amp speakers and the rest.The thing i like about it is that it comes with everything that you need to get started speaker cables hdmi optical phonos the lot but it then comes to personal taste.The thing that i dont like about it is the small receiver that it comes with doesn't have enough hdmi sockets for your equipment it also doesn't decode the hd audio formats and isn't v1.3 compatible it does sound really good though it don't sound like your typical htib systems in my opinion but at the same time its superseeded by seperate av receivers in connections compatibility and future proofing.At the end of the day it will be you who decides and if it suites your space and budget then i think you should go for it.

T

the record spot

Get either a first generation Linn Movie Classik, slap some Q Acoustics 1030i or 1050i floorstanders on the front (you won't need a subwoofer, trust me, unless you live in a VERY large room, esp for the latter). True, it's not got the out the box convenience and simplicity of the Bose, but initial setting-up hassles aside, it'll panel it the rest of the time and with room to spare.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts