Bose Quiet Comfort Wired Headphones

efiste2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Regarding the above Over-Ear headphones, is it normal for there to be a slight "hiss" in the background when the noise cancelling is switched on. When I first purchased them whilst travelling on holiday they sounded suoerb and was amazed at how the noise cancellation "isolated" me, now im back home and using them regularly I have noticed this noise and seemingly less isolation. Its probably me, as I do listen to music with them in a quiet room anyway therefore no noise to actuall cancel. But also I have noticed that without the noise cancelling switched on the sound quality is very poor compared to when the "NC" option is on, More than I remeber it being when I bought them. Could it actually be I have simply "got used" to them now or have they developed a fault. I have changed the batteries by the way.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
efiste2 said:
Regarding the above Over-Ear headphones, is it normal for there to be a slight "hiss" in the background when the noise cancelling is switched on. When I first purchased them whilst travelling on holiday they sounded suoerb and was amazed at how the noise cancellation "isolated" me, now im back home and using them regularly I have noticed this noise and seemingly less isolation. Its probably me, as I do listen to music with them in a quiet room anyway therefore no noise to actuall cancel. But also I have noticed that without the noise cancelling switched on the sound quality is very poor compared to when the "NC" option is on, More than I remeber it being when I bought them. Could it actually be I have simply "got used" to them now or have they developed a fault. I have changed the batteries by the way.

The DSP that provides the noise cancellation also EQ's the sound, which is why the non-NC sound is so bad. And yes, the background hiss is noticeable in some cases. That noise will be higher or lower depending on the loudness of the music track as recorded, and also by the amplification you use. If your amp has a low-gain/high-gain option, low gain should produce less hiss. Or vice-versa.

efiste2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
great info thanks, the background noise is there when the Headphones are switched on, and not connected, I suspect its perfectly normal....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts