Bose QC35 vs Shure SE535

psmichael

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this forum and wanted to say hi to everyone.

I am travelling to Europe in January and Vancouver in May next year. I will be taking the flight from Singapore and it will be at least 15 hours of flight (I don't really know the length of the flight). I am using a iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro 9.7.

Right now I have the Shure SE535 which is a wired earphone as everyone knows. The iPhone 7 has no earphone jack but the iPad has one. The Shure is great but I recently came across a few website that reviewed the Bose QC35 and stated it is an awesome headphone for travel and noise-cancellation.

Right now I'm contemplating wheter to buy the Bose QC35 to use with the iPhone 7 for my long flights or stick with the Shure SE535 with the headphone adapter for the flight? Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Brokenflame

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I own a pair of QC35's and my wife has the Beats Studio Wireless.

The QC35 build quality and materials are average, they are very light and comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Battery life is good, giving a full day of listening.

Unlike previous models you can use them when the battery runs out, but without noise cancelling, which brings me onto the fact that the battery is built in and not user replaceable.

When the battery runs out you can continue listening by connecting the headphones to phone over the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable supplied (in your case you will also need to use the 3.5mm to lighting adapter).

The QC35 do not sound good when it runs out of battery though. The DSP in the headphone compensate for the short coming in the headphone acoustic properties.

Due to the lightness of the QC35s rubbing, wind and other noises are magnifed when the noise cancelling is not active.

As far as sound quality is concerned, sound quality is good, although rich music can sound a little thinner than on the Beats Studio Wireless. It's a tiny difference unless you are a real audiophile.

On the upside you can Bluetooth pair to two devices at the same time. So your iPhone and you laptop perhaps?

On the downside the Bluetooth is not always stable, I've had some choppiness in the audio stream while on the London underground, with lots of other mobile phones and Bluetooth headsets. All other times though it's been perfect.

As with all Bose headphones the leather on the ear pads is likely to breakup in a couple of years so buy a spare set if you buy the QC35.

There is a nice iPhone app for the QC35s which can also perform the firmware updates. This is a nice touch as it lets you manage the headphone automatic standby timer, and rename the Bluetooth identity of the headphones.

As you would expect the active noise cancelling system is still very good.

Offically on an airplane you will need to switch off the Bluetooth adapter in your iPhone. Thus requiring you to use the cheap, low quality cable provided with the QC35. This cable is very low quality multi-stranded cable which if even to a child for an hour will develop a crackling sound. You will want to purchase an after market 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable if you buy the QC35.

Would I buy another set of Bose headphone? I've had three pairs of nose headphone, and used to prefer them over the beats. I think, other companies have caught up, and I'm likely to look for better build quality elsewhere. These are the best part of £300, and I am aware that my wife's beats sound slightly better and are harder wearing.

If B&o do an over ear noise cancelling headphones in the future I'm likely to look there next.

psmichael said:
Hello everyone,

I am travelling to Europe in January and Vancouver in May next year. I will be taking the flight from Singapore and it will be at least 15 hours of flight (I don't really know the length of the flight). I am using a iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro 9.7.

Right now I have the Shure SE535 which is a wired earphone as everyone knows. The iPhone 7 has no earphone jack but the iPad has one. The Shure is great but I recently came across a few website that reviewed the Bose QC35 and stated it is an awesome headphone for travel and noise-cancellation.

Right now I'm contemplating wheter to buy the Bose QC35 to use with the iPhone 7 for my long flights or stick with the Shure SE535 with the headphone adapter for the flight? Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Can't really answer your question but you might get more replies if you re-post this in the correct subforum. There is a 'Headphones' subforum if you look and more people look at that than here at 'Accessories'

Al ears said:
psmichael said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone

Can't really answer your question but you might get more replies if you re-post this in the correct subforum. There is a 'Headphones' subforum if you look and more people look at that than here at 'Accessories'

The OP had posted the query in both sections, and got responses in the other thread.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts