Bose Music App / Alexa streaming quality

Hendrix_60

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
Hi, my query concerns the Bose Music App and also Alexa. When using the Bose Home 500 speaker you have various options for streaming music. IOS and Bluetooth - this has the advantage that you can control the audio quality and volume normalisation from any music streaming service, but is limited by Bluetooth quality. IOS and Airplay 2 - similar to Bluetooth, but possibly better quality - however you have to have your apple device switched on and with Wi-Fi to continue listening. I have had various streaming problems with Airplay 2. Possibly the best options would be to use the Bose Music App or Alexa to stream music. However you are currently limited to Spotify, Amazon music Unlimited and Deezer. Although I think this may potentially give the best sound quality, there is no way of adjusting (or even knowing) what audio quality / bit rate you are streaming. Also I don't think you can switch on any volume normalisation using these last 2 methods. I think the same problem would apply to Sonos devices. Has anybody got any information on this topic, as I've not manages to get definitive information from Bose or the streaming services?

TRENDING THREADS