Bose in the December Issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I couldn't help noticing that Bose has an advert in the December issue, and also a 5 star review of one of their products. Now I may be wrong here but I don't recall seeing a Bose advert in the mag before, and also reviews of their products are few and far between. (In fact a search on here reveals 3 reviews dating back to 2007).

I presume you're going to tell me that both of these popping up in the same issue is in no way linked, and is purely a coincidence. :)

By the way, great mag. I really enjoy reading it when it drops through the letter box every month.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Total coincidence - as Clare has noted, we have recently had meetings with the new product and marketing people at Bose, the result of which is that we are again getting product for review. But the placing of an advert in the magazine is entirely in the hands of our advertising department, and is in no way connected with any such meetings, I guess beyond the marketing people having a renewed awareness of the magazine.

Sorry if that bursts your bubble, but them's the facts.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, Bose has some new products - so we've got them for review, and I guess it therefore makes sense for them to advertise, too! We don't get to see the ads before they go in the mag, so it was interesting to note Bose being back.

Incidentally, although Bose gets one five-star in the issue - for some superb headphones- it also gets a two-star review for another, very poor pair of in-ear headphones in the same issue. And a four-star for a further pair.

So, you, see, just like any brand - advertiser or not - every product is judged on its individual merits. Plenty of examples of non-advertisers getting five-star reviews and winning Awards.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Sorry if that bursts your bubble, but them's the facts.

No need to apologise as no bubble burst here, whatever that means?

Just asked as I thought it was somewhat a coincidence as you have confirmed. I am well aware that many magazines will run editorial and give column inches to a company in conjunction with adverts placed. I have always thought WHF to be one such publication that does not do this, and I'm glad to hear that you still don't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts