Bose - any good ???

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Just wondering is the bose wave music system with DAB at £600 & the bose accoustic wave music system at £900 is any good, does anyone own one, the prices seem very high & i'm just wondering if they are worth buying, not that i'm thinking of buying just curious.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-4.gif
Straight to the bottom of the page. NO

Dr Bose is probably spinning in his grave.

A

Anonymous

For people who only ever hear a tiny system they seem to be good. Against a decent set up, even the small Denons, the BOSE don't stand a chance.

Your money would be better spent elsewhere - plus you'll get change.

A

Anonymous

initially impressive sound (that's why they sell) but rapidly becomes extremely irritating. Avoid like the plague

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes slewis, the prices are high, but they're not aimed at audiophiles - they're aimed at people who don't want a 'rack system' or larger speakers. It's an all in one for those that want an all-in-one room filling sound (which it does) and not big speakers around the room. As with every product, it has it's place.

It can't be heard in in retail outlets - it can only be ordered from Bose directly on a try before you buy (well, more of a try, buy, return sort of thing really).

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
It's not hifi, not even as good as my Sony CMT-SE1 micro system soundwise. But it's simple to use and has a nice warm and cosy sound. My Bose sends me to sleep each night. Lights off, get into bed, turn it on using the sleep button on the top right hand side of the remote and after half an hour the volume gently decreases until it switches itself off - by which time I'm usually in the land of nod.

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well, I agree - to a certain extent. I have a Bose Acoustimass 15 system, that was highly recommended to me by a certain upmarket AV store in Coventry. I know (and knew when I purchased from them) that it's not the best sound I could have bought, but for me the appeal of having a 5.1 system with tiny speakers that just disappeared into the beamed ceiling of my cottage was appealing. As a step up from a mono TV it was stunning, and 13 years later I (and more to the point, my wife) are still happy with the room filling sound.

The Bose Acoustimass 15 is advertised - accurately - as a Lifestyle system - and for me at the time of purchase it was the ideal blend of form and function. However now that manufacturers are producing really small speakers that can similarly 'disappear' but have a greater sound stage than the Bose then I may be persuaded to upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts