Boris Johnson

camcroft

I remember a few months ago one of those ‘Commons Sketch’ pieces said it looked like he’d combed his hair with a toffee apple. I have to say I rather admire his lack of vanity regarding his hair, when so many in the public eye seem to dye, comb over, spray and generally fake their looks.
Thats plain and simple Boris for you forget what Cummins has got to say for me as gel says top man in time should be Sir Boris never mind the likes of Beckham and the other millionaire singers who don't really deserve my time of day just think about captain Tom yes he deserved the title.

Don't get me wrong, this is (thus far at least) a once in a lifetime experience - and I don't believe in judging a government too harshly under such exceptional circumstances as whomever was in power would be making it up as they went along - but the view that we've (and therefore the government has) done well is not borne out by the figures. This is out of date, but the gist still holds:

Optimized-covid stats.jpg

Samd

People conveniently forget that we have many hundreds of thousands of people who believed there was no virus; immediately broke any new laws or advice; carried on regardless of any consideration for other people (choose any or all of the afore mentioned) and one of our biggest mistakes was to shackle the Police in the early days when we should have been asking them to increase their grip and make examples of the miscreants.
I could name a few countries where the law is the law and local residents would shame those breaking it. Ours is not one of them.

Oxfordian

When we sat down and enjoyed the Christmas festivities in December 2019 I doubt if any of us in the UK expected to have to endure 18 months or thereabouts of ‘lockdown’. I doubt if any of us realised at the time that a face mask would become the height of fashion.

Sure we were hearing of this outbreak in China but we had been there before with bird flu and it hadn’t stopped our lives at all, so what was there to worry about.

There was no way that we could have expected that this virus all those miles away was about to reek havoc on our lives in the way that it has and continues to do.

So many of our elderly family members have sadly had their lives cut short by this virus, a virus that made getting the flu seem like a mere sniffle, a virus that has been so deadly to many many people.

The ‘review’, when it happens will show that we were woefully unprepared for this pandemic, it wouldn’t have mattered which party had been in government the outcome would have been fundamentally the same as the UK simply wasn’t ready for a pandemic to hit us.

The findings of the review are something that we have to accept, learn from and implement a contingency plan if we are going to be better prepared for next time, and there will be a next time.

I have a mother suffering with dementia who has been in a care home throughout this pandemic, she has thankfully been kept safe and away from COVID, others have not been so fortunate and my condolences go to them.

Overall I don’t think that Boris and his team have done much wrong, science has led the way and it has adapted its advice as the pandemic progressed. This resulted in the scientists changing their position as data became available, nothing wrong with that but it gives fuel to some of the more scatter brained journalists who presume that this means that what we did before was wrong.

My apologies for rattling on.

D

Deleted member 2457

When we sat down and enjoyed the Christmas festivities in December 2019 I doubt if any of us in the UK expected to have to endure 18 months or thereabouts of ‘lockdown’. I doubt if any of us realised at the time that a face mask would become the height of fashion.

Sure we were hearing of this outbreak in China but we had been there before with bird flu and it hadn’t stopped our lives at all, so what was there to worry about.

There was no way that we could have expected that this virus all those miles away was about to reek havoc on our lives in the way that it has and continues to do.

So many of our elderly family members have sadly had their lives cut short by this virus, a virus that made getting the flu seem like a mere sniffle, a virus that has been so deadly to many many people.

The ‘review’, when it happens will show that we were woefully unprepared for this pandemic, it wouldn’t have mattered which party had been in government the outcome would have been fundamentally the same as the UK simply wasn’t ready for a pandemic to hit us.

The findings of the review are something that we have to accept, learn from and implement a contingency plan if we are going to be better prepared for next time, and there will be a next time.

I have a mother suffering with dementia who has been in a care home throughout this pandemic, she has thankfully been kept safe and away from COVID, others have not been so fortunate and my condolences go to them.

Overall I don’t think that Boris and his team have done much wrong, science has led the way and it has adapted its advice as the pandemic progressed. This resulted in the scientists changing their position as data became available, nothing wrong with that but it gives fuel to some of the more scatter brained journalists who presume that this means that what we did before was wrong.

My apologies for rattling on.
Well said! (y)

Vincent Kars

I heard he has a new position opening.
LOL
oscar-wilde-4886.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts