Bookshelf Speakers for Roksan Kandy L3 amp/cd player combination

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am trying to decide between the DALI IKON 2's and the B&W 685's... Would the IKON 2s be worth an extra £100? Are there an other speakers that I should consider in this price range?

Many thanks, Will

A

Anonymous

Have you thought about the Ross speakers they are designed for personnal cd players etc and are amplified you can get them from Argos for £19.99.

A

Anonymous

The 685s are quite good with the Kandy but I preferred some Proacs but they might be a bit beyond budget. I think the Kandy might prefer some good floorstanders as most of the bookshelves I tried with mine were lacking a bit. Not tried the Dalis though.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Willy, have a chat to audiologica.co.uk and see if he has anything in. I got some ProAc tablette Reference 8 Signatures in Rosewood for £595 brand new (RRP £925). Can't promise he'll have anything but worth a try. He's also a Dali dealer and has ex demos so you can't lose by contacting him, he's called Richard. Got some Dali ikon 6 ex demo for £650 from him too.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]I got some ProAc tablette Reference 8 Signatures in Rosewood for £595 brand new (RRP £925). [/quote]

If you can afford that, the Proacs blow the B&Ws away on the Kandy! Might phone him up myself! I didn't like the Epos's.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I'd say your combination majors on power and the bigger picture.

I too would have recommended any of the smaller Epos'es or perhaps Rega R3/5 for the focus and detail they would bring to your system.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I don't know what your budget is but you can get these for £699. They are supposed to be superb and they look beautifully made. http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/bookshelf/jamo-c803-bookshelf-speaker-review

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts