Bob in Mono - any takers?

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Despite my self-imposed, ten month buying ban, I have succumbed to the Bob Dylan Mono Box Set sampler disc, purchased today for the princely sum of £5. What a revelation! In short, it sounds great. The acoustic guitar/voice/harmonica-only songs have never sounded so wonderful. My ears took a couple of listens to get a grasp on the once familiar electric/bass/organ/drums-based songs, but I'm astonished. I've got all the CDs in stereo format, and many on vinyl too, but for me these mono mixes are even more of a leap into new territory than last year's Beatles mono issues. Now I'm stuck between wanting the full set on CD or vinyl. Huge price difference of almost double for the latter. It would have to be justified to my wife, in terms of one of those Christmas gifts she buys for you, but really you buy yourself. I know the CD version is out, but can't seem to confirm a vinyl release date. Does anyone have first-hand knowledge or comments about either version?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I thought the Vinly will be released next week (well I am pretty sure I read that in a classic rock magazine)

Never a Bob's fan myself but he is one popular dude.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts