Board Games

biunya

Sep 26, 2021
Visit site
Can you guys help me in choosing best board game? I don't like chess. So avoid giving suggestions of chess. Need new suggestions. Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 196519

Can you guys help me in choosing best board game? I don't like chess. So avoid giving suggestions of chess. Need new suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Monopoly or UNO.

DCarmi

Not trying to be facetious or topical but Pandemic is a good game. You play co-operatively against the board. There are loads of versions/expansions. I'd start with the original.

There is also a mobile version which is relatively cheap and would help with "training".

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
Ooooohhhh that's a big question. Games have come such a long way now. It depends on the level of interaction, how many hours you want to play and the type of game.

As DCarmi has said, Pandemic is a good game based around co-operatively working together to beat the board. Games can last anywhere between 15 minutes to an hour or so depending on what happens.

"Exploding Kittens" is much more fun that Uno could ever be. Card based game, up to 6 players with expansions. Aim is to survive! 10-15 minutes a game.

"Love Letter" is another short card game. 2-4 players. Aim is to be the one to propose to the princess and get your letter to her whilst deflecting those of other players.

"Bang! The Dice Game" is a cowboy western style dice game best played with as many players as possible. It's a sheriff Vs outlaws, and players will end up on opposing teams at random. Their are 3 factions who have to face off against each other without revealing who they actually are.

If you want a tile/world building game, then "Carcassonne" is the classic example. Their are so many expansions that depending on how many you play with games can range from between 30 minutes to several hours.

"Lords of Waterdeep" is a good point scoring game based on accumulating resources to complete quests based on the middle ages. 1 1/2 to 2 hour playtime.

"7 Wonders" is a point scoring card game based on accumulating cards. Games are up to about 30 minutes.

"Cyclades" is a world building game where the objective is to be the first player to build 2 Greek Cities. Naturally you can choose to attack other players or forge your own alliances depending on what's happening in the game. 2-3 hour playtime.

Those are just scraping the surface. I highly recommend checking out Board Game Geek https://boardgamegeek.com/

You can find emulators that have collections of games like these on Steam if you don't want to physically buy them.

TRENDING THREADS