bluray on toshiba 37WLT66?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there, I have a Toshiba 37WLT66 LCD TV (720P) and recenty thought about getting a blu ray player, Possibly the Sony BDPS360 or Panasonic BD60 however my Dad was given a Sony S300 as a second Bluray player to use on his 4year old 32'' sony Bravia LCD (720P) He found that Blu ray discs would not play on this TV but SD discs would. I asked my local HiFi shop ''Music Matters'' about this and they told me that the HDMI input was not compatible as it was an older HD ready TV ??????

I found this strange and almost unbelievable but because of this I decided to try this S300 bluray player on my TV as it is approx the same age as my Dads (Incedentally, the S300 WILL play on my Dads 18 month old Panasonic plasma)

No discs Bluray or SD will play on my TV???? Does anyone know why this is? I currently have a Sony DVP NS78H Upscaling player connected with a QED HDMI cable to my toshiba and this works fine and I used the same cable and HDMI socket in the TV to connect the S300

Please help as it looks like I need to buy a new TV just to venture into Blu ray and at the moment my Tosh is perfectly good enough.

A

Anonymous

Cant comment on the S300 as dont have any experience but I don't think this is an issue with your TV. My Toshiba 37WLT66 worked 'out of the box' playing both BluRay and DVD (SD) discs using my newly purchased Sony s360 connected via HDMI. Upscaling of DVDs is great too - much improved picture versus my old DVD player.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Looking at a 37WLT66 manual, I can't see anything there to indicate it won't work with a Blu-Ray player. Could be worth connecting the S300 up with a a composite cable to the TV so you can check the settings - since it was given to your Dad, it may be set to output at only 1080p via HDMI and thus your TV won't be accepting this and it will just be blank. Connecting via composite will force it to output at a standard resolution so you can check.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
i put my secound ps3 in the bedroom on a 15inch lcd(only a year old)and it takes 720p.it worked fine with a panasonic upscaler via hdmi but when the ps3 was hooked up over hdmi(qed) the picture was really bad.i no this is not an issue with the ps3 hdmi output as it worked with the back room lcd.in the end i got the ps3 to work on the screen with a monster ps3 component conection puting out 720p

dont no if this has much to do with your question but i think it could be a screen issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts