bluetooth interface for turntable

ken a

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I hope you haven't been through this too many times.

After years of listening to CD's, Streaming etc. I now want to ressurect my turntable, assuming it still works. What is out there in the market to allow me to connect my turntable to my home cinema system via bluetooth?

Thanks

ken a said:
Hi,

I hope you haven't been through this too many times.

After years of listening to CD's, Streaming etc. I now want to ressurect my turntable, assuming it still works. What is out there in the market to allow me to connect my turntable to my home cinema system via bluetooth?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

The simple answer is, I believe, nothing.

Why would you want to connect a turntable via Bluetooth? Surely it has cables coming out the back for that purpose.

To connect a turntable to an AV amp you are going to need a phono preamp of some description anyway.

NB: You could invest in an Ion Air USB turntable that itself incorporates Bluetooth, but it's pretty rubbish.

ken a

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks, I realise I need a preamp. My power amp packed in and I sold on my speakers. So the only thing I have left is the deck and several hundred LPs which have been gathering dust for 10 + years. If I can use bluetooth, I can not only use my cinema system but can also use other bluetooth speakers I have in other rooms. The record deck can't be placed particularly close to the cinema system and seems to me that a bluetooth connection would serve my purpose.

ken a

ken a said:
Hi,

Thanks, I realise I need a preamp. My power amp packed in and I sold on my speakers. So the only thing I have left is the deck and several hundred LPs which have been gathering dust for 10 + years. If I can use bluetooth, I can not only use my cinema system but can also use other bluetooth speakers I have in other rooms. The record deck can't be placed particularly close to the cinema system and seems to me that a bluetooth connection would serve my purpose.

ken a

I see. Unfortunately I don't think a Bluetooth method exists for normal turntables. Without buying that turntable I mentioned your only choice is normal cables to a line in socket on your amplifier.

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
It would be possible to connect a bluetooth transmitter to the output of a phono pre-amp and send this to your bluetooth receivers.
A bit clunky and the only volume control would be at the speaker end.
Transmitters are available from the usual suppliers- Amazon eBay etc.
Though I agree this might not be ideal and possibly negate the whole point of vinyl replay.

Petherick said:
It would be possible to connect a bluetooth transmitter to the output of a phono pre-amp and send this to your bluetooth receivers. A bit clunky and the only volume control would be at the speaker end. Transmitters are available from the usual suppliers- Amazon eBay etc. Though I agree this might not be ideal and possibly negate the whole point of vinyl replay.

That's what I thought so didn't suggest it. :) in fact that Ion turntable suggestion was also a bit of a joke.

daytona600

Elipson Alpha 100 RIAA BT Turntable
Built In RIAA Phono Stage & Bluetooth 24bit48khz Aptx & USB The RIAA is equipped with an MM/MC phono pre-amp, and the RIAA BT enjoys a Bluetooth aptX transmitter and Opto-isolated USB output allowing vinyl recording through a Mac or laptop. The Bluetooth feature really does allow you to send your vinyl to a linked Bluetooth speaker up to 10m away. This flexible feature enables you to place the turntable where it suits you. Entirely designed and developed by Elipson’s designers and engineers, the Alpha 100 RIAA BT turntable is a concentrate of technology and innovation It’s the world’s first turntable capable of transmitting the Bluetooth wave while keeping the sound quality unmatched.

daytona600 said:
Elipson Alpha 100 RIAA BT Turntable

Built In RIAA Phono Stage & Bluetooth 24bit48khz Aptx & USB The RIAA is equipped with an MM/MC phono pre-amp, and the RIAA BT enjoys a Bluetooth aptX transmitter and Opto-isolated USB output allowing vinyl recording through a Mac or laptop. The Bluetooth feature really does allow you to send your vinyl to a linked Bluetooth speaker up to 10m away. This flexible feature enables you to place the turntable where it suits you. Entirely designed and developed by Elipson’s designers and engineers, the Alpha 100 RIAA BT turntable is a concentrate of technology and innovation It’s the world’s first turntable capable of transmitting the Bluetooth wave while keeping the sound quality unmatched.

It's a dearer version of the Ion that I mentioned. The OP was trying to connect a turntable he already has.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Only suggestion I can think of is turntable -> phono pre-amp -> bluetooth transmitter. Never going to win awards for elegance but it should work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts