blue rays not much better

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi Ive been left pretty disappointed regarding all the hype about blue ray, Ive recently purchased a panny bd50 , I'm using this along side my Sony 40"w2000 TV , my monitor audio r speakers n rel 505 sub ,i am using a sonydg700amp to give me surround sound as I'm waiting to see what amps are released by Yamaha in next few months before i upgrade my amp , i dont need an amp to do my decoding if I'm right as the bd50 does that for me am i rite in saying? or am i completely of the mark? as youl prob tell im new to all this, but the pic and sound when i play any blue ray disk has left me rather disappointed, i cant see much different from my old DVD player which cost me very little compared to the bd50, i know I'm not going to get grate sound as the amp I'm using isnt the best, but again its left me dissapionted , im wondering if i mite have the player set up wrong or am i just expecting to much, does anyone else share these same views or can help me ? thanks

A

Anonymous

" if I'm right as the bd50 does that for me am i rite in saying?"

Depends how you're connecting the bd50 to your Sony?

I'm very surprised at this though, how are you connecting the tv to receiver, HDMI I presume?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hooked:hi Ive been left pretty disappointed regarding all the hype about blue ray, Ive recently purchased a panny bd50 , I'm using this along side my Sony 40"w2000 TV , my monitor audio r speakers n rel 505 sub ,i am using a sonydg700amp to give me surround sound as I'm waiting to see what amps are released by Yamaha in next few months before i upgrade my amp , i dont need an amp to do my decoding if I'm right as the bd50 does that for me am i rite in saying? or am i completely of the mark? as youl prob tell im new to all this, but the pic and sound when i play any blue ray disk has left me rather disappointed, i cant see much different from my old DVD player which cost me very little compared to the bd50, i know I'm not going to get grate sound as the amp I'm using isnt the best, but again its left me dissapionted , im wondering if i mite have the player set up wrong or am i just expecting to much, does anyone else share these same views or can help me ? thanks

To get HD audio, you will need your BD player connected to your receiver using 6 analogue cables. Do you have the BD player connected directly to your screen? I have the same LCD and I think it's brilliant, I can't imagine Bluray not looking sublime on it. I reckon you have it set up wrong somewhere.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:hooked:hi Ive been left pretty disappointed regarding all the hype about blue ray, Ive recently purchased a panny bd50 , I'm using this along side my Sony 40"w2000 TV , my monitor audio r speakers n rel 505 sub ,i am using a sonydg700amp to give me surround sound as I'm waiting to see what amps are released by Yamaha in next few months before i upgrade my amp , i dont need an amp to do my decoding if I'm right as the bd50 does that for me am i rite in saying? or am i completely of the mark? as youl prob tell im new to all this, but the pic and sound when i play any blue ray disk has left me rather disappointed, i cant see much different from my old DVD player which cost me very little compared to the bd50, i know I'm not going to get grate sound as the amp I'm using isnt the best, but again its left me dissapionted , im wondering if i mite have the player set up wrong or am i just expecting to much, does anyone else share these same views or can help me ? thanks To get HD audio, you will need your BD player connected to your receiver using 6 analogue cables. Do you have the BD player connected directly to your screen? I have the same LCD and I think it's brilliant, I can't imagine Bluray not looking sublime on it. I reckon you have it set up wrong somewhere.

Seconded! You must have something wrong somewhere because hddvd's via my XE1 and bluray via my PS3 all look great!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts