admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thinking of upgrading to a Blue Ray system . I only have a 32" HD TV -will I notice the difference ? is it worth it ?

The change when I upgraded to Sky HD was a bit disappointing and I would appreciate some advice before I dive in.

Thanks

G

D

Deleted member 2457

Well, I have at 32inch tv please see system mind you it is a "high end" philips tv but the picture is amazing for blu ray, infact better than some quality 42 inch screens i have seen.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice , i might just take the plunge...

G

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
How far away do you sit from the TV? Not convinced if you find Sky HD disappointing that you will find blu ray a whole lot better @ 32"

D

Deleted member 2457

One thing you could do is to read some reviews of your tv and see what they say about blu ray pictures in the reviews.

A

Anonymous

For a 32 inch screen 720p becomes noticeable at under 9.4 feet, 1080p at under 6.2 feet
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

The TV (Panasonic) was about £600 a few months ago ,SD picture is superb , DVD picture is superb , HD is better just not the mega WOW I was expecting.

I just don't want to waste my money.

A

Anonymous

How close should you sit to the TV ??

I sit where I feel comfortable , not with my face against it

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Sit wherever you like - it's your tele. What I'm saying is that I think your eyes would struggle to notice a difference in the resolution at that size image and that viewing distance.

A

Anonymous

Grumble02:
How close should you sit to the TV ??

I sit where I feel comfortable , not with my face against it

It's up to you, i used to have a 50 inch and sat 7 feet away, got used to it very quickly.

A

Anonymous

Like said for that tele size and viewing distance blu-ray resolution won't be that discernible, it's a format aimed more at larger TV's and projectors on which SD can really suffer.

The other aspect is the sound which is much better than DVD or broadcast, but again dependent on what you're using - if it's the TV speakers probably not worth bothering, but if you've got a HC or decent stereo setup it'll shine.

A

Anonymous

a sony 360 is only around £100 , hardly a big deal if you are not blown away ..

if you want a bluray surround sound system then i think about £400 would sort you...

A

Anonymous

Cheers

I've been looking at the
Panasonic SC-BT200EB-K Blu-ray Disc 5.1ch Home Cinema System

A

Anonymous

Grumble02:
Cheers

I've been looking at the
Panasonic SC-BT200EB-K Blu-ray Disc 5.1ch Home Cinema System5 stars here .. £600 though , for a touch more , youd get a bluray player , amp and 5.1 surround speaker package ...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the advice , still totally confused with a lot of conflicting opinions.....

D

Deleted member 2457

Grumble02:

The TV (Panasonic) was about £600 a few months ago ,SD picture is superb , DVD picture is superb , HD is better just not the mega WOW I was expecting.

I just don't want to waste my money.

Can you give the exact code of your tv? I will have a look at the reviews and tv as well?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

I have seen alot of the 37G10 and i have to say firstly i thought it was a cracking picture, with regards to blu ray i think it is alot better than sky hd pictures,

I think the Sony 360 is a great player, and has had some cracking deals including free blu rays.

Also 3D is coming on the new models see here a good deal, i thought

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=369242

So you would be covered with that.

Also there are quite a few home cinema systems coming out soon like the pansonic one you were looking at, sony are doing some with 3D capabilities, I also expect pioneer will annonce some soon as well.

I would look at the new home cinema all in one systems coming out in the next few months and see how they review, if you wanted to go that route, otherwise I personally think those two sony blu ray players would be great choices.

D

Deleted member 2457

Also if you type your tv code in and do reviewed, one website reviewed it in quite big detail, it was shown as normal 1 on the google search.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts