Blue ray players

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of getting a new blue ray dvd but the kids are wanting a new playstation 3. I have a Sony 40" lcd 1080p tv to connect it to. Could anyone advise me on the difference between a blue ray dvd and a playstation 3 as i am led to believe the playstation is a blue ray disc player also.

A

Anonymous

Whats the best way to connect it to the tv as i already have sky HD which is connected by HDMI.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And the TV only has one HDMI input?

If so, you can either use an HDMI switchbox to connect both Sky and PS3 to the TV, or use the optional component video/audio cable for the PS3 - assuming the TV has component video and analogue audio inputs.

Both of those options will still give you HD video.

Beyond that you'll have to use composite video using the standard PS3 AV cable, with or without the Scart adapter also suplied in the box, but you won't get the HD video this way.

A

Anonymous

Hello Kev, I recently got the PS3 as I'm a big kid and still play the games. But of equal importance was the Blu-Ray player which I have hooked up to a 50" LG 50pc56. I am VERY happy with the games and blu-ray.

The opinions I saw when looking was the PS3 blu-ray player is "quite highly regarded ...... with the facility for playing top HD games too". Speed of start up was always mentioned as a plus. Apparently some dedicated players take a while to actually get to the top menu. The PS3 is ok.

The PS3 also has a wireless internet connection and its great for watching music vids instantly from You-tube or general browsing on sites where you dont need to type in much. Could even buy a keyboard for it - but I've not bothered.

This can be a factor if you only have a single home pc and saves me fighting with my 2 daughters to get on the net. Now I only have to fight with one !

A

Anonymous

No the tv has two HDMI sockets so i assume it can also be connected by HDMI as well as the sky box.

TRENDING THREADS